kitbashing with Sunstreaker

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Re: kitbashing with Sunstreaker

Post by Decepticon Spike »

onslaught86 wrote:We're petitioning the TFCC for a Double Spy, and have proposed that as well as a new head with faces on both sides, they create a new fist mould - one with two thumbs. That way, using one mould, the same new fist could be use for both left and right, and work without swapping for both robot modes. It'd be perfect.
There was a custom Punch/Counterpunch on ebay a few weeks ago using the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The eBay auction figure is how we got to talking about this. :)

I would not want a simple two-sided head. If that is all they will do, I can skip it. (Think how cheap it will look from any direction other than straight on.) Give me a tranforming head more intricate than what I can do with Sunstreaker's current head, and then I will be more into it. There is no way around the fists. We either have to swap them, have them look odd for being double-thumbed, or give the toy unique looking hands of some other kind/kinds.

Dom
-cannot wait to see how badly the club would write a faction switcher.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

I wouldn't mind seeing a Headmaster head for Sunstreaker.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

That would be cool. But, I doubt enough people would get it, or get it without complaining about how "it is not G1" for the club to try it.

Dom
badwolf
Minibot

Post by badwolf »

Decepticon Spike wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a Headmaster head for Sunstreaker.
NICE!!! That would be freaking cool.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

badwolf wrote:Well I think because of this molds versatility we may see more of it. Red Alert anyone? I was looking at Streaker last night & his engine could be replaced with lights.... or some other mold to help distinguish between Bots.
I had forgotten about Red Alert. Here comes a third official use for this mold, which I'd bet we'll see at some point.
badwolf wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys. On the old board I was badkarma. If you like badwolf, then you would love my yahoo ID... badwolf359 (badwolf + wolf 359). I'm a geek what can I say.
And you've got Noble for your icon. Nice. :mrgreen:
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

andersonh1 wrote:
badwolf wrote:Well I think because of this molds versatility we may see more of it. Red Alert anyone? I was looking at Streaker last night & his engine could be replaced with lights.... or some other mold to help distinguish between Bots.
I had forgotten about Red Alert. Here comes a third official use for this mold, which I'd bet we'll see at some point.
BotCon 2009 exclusive perhaps? I'd buy it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hell no. They'd be fools to try it after last year's Seeker debacle.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

The circumstances are different now. Classics was done and over, so far as everyone knew at the time. At this point, Universe is ongoing, so I imagine the club and Hasbro are coordinating what the exclusives can be, with planned future retail releases ruled out ahead of time.

I'd almost expect to see Red Alert as a mass market figure rather than an exclusive. It would be an economical third use of the mold, requiring only a lightbar instead of the engine to differentiate it from Sideswipe. The slots for attachment are already on the roof of the car.

They could even repaint it as Breakdown, though three uses might be stretching it a bit. Maybe that could be the club exclusive.
badwolf
Minibot

Post by badwolf »

andersonh1 wrote:
badwolf wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys. On the old board I was badkarma. If you like badwolf, then you would love my yahoo ID... badwolf359 (badwolf + wolf 359). I'm a geek what can I say.
And you've got Noble for your icon. Nice. :mrgreen:
There was no other icon I could really use. :D
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?