kitbashing with Sunstreaker

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: kitbashing with Sunstreaker

Post by Onslaught Six »

See, I can never afford it, because I'm poor. I'd love to go to one, I imagine it's like Steel City Con but with Moar TF.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

In fairness to Master Collector, they did try to make more sets at the last minute.

The blame for this is completely on Hasbro. People complaining about endless, (often same-character), repaints both in "Universe" and in whatever the main line is at the time is one thing.

But, when there are characters with precedent for being repaints, and Hasbro makes 2 out of 3 of them at mass retail, (as has been their pattern for several years across various formats), that is another. They did the same damned thing with Titaniums, making Skywarp an exclusive at SDCC 2 years after the other two were at retail.

This kind of thing is why I am fast becoming a "buy the whole set at once, or do not bother at all" collector. To be honest, if I had been buying "Classics" at the time, Seeker-gate probably would have killed the hobby for me.

Yeah, it kinda works out in my favor, as I like the Japanese colors better. But, I am not crediting Hasbro for that.

Dom
-waiting for Hasbro to screw up "Universe" in some way.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Onslaught Six wrote:Hell no. They'd be fools to try it after last year's Seeker debacle.
Or Japan would release it.
I know a few people who are still PO'd over that.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

I actually need to buy the Henkei Skywarp. Never managed to pick up the Ultra Magnus v. Skywarp pack. Speaking of which I also need an Ultra Magnus...
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

I need Thundercracker, and I'll be happy.