QC warning re: Sunstreaker and Prowl

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: QC warning re: Sunstreaker and Prowl

Post by Onslaught Six »

onslaught86 wrote:Sunstreaker I'll likely get Takara's flavour of too, but as I'm still planning the DIaclone parts-swap with a spare Sideswipe, may as well go Hasbro for that. Gives me something else to buy when they do finally come out here, heh.
Now that I think of it, it'd be wise to get Hasbro Streaker to make Yellow Sideswipe out of. Help distinguish them even more.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

That, and it's cheaper..
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Heh, I bet there are roing to be a good many yellow Sideswipe figures, aka Tiger-track, floating around.

Dom
-just about finished Punch/Counterpunch over the weekend.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Hmm, there's a point. Thanks to Sunstreaker's lost mould, they haven't reissued him, and thus his Diaclone version has no established name. Thoughts?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It's simple, really. Sunstreaker's preproduction name was Spinout.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Well, Spinout it is. Or, maybe "Streak-swipe", whose holographic driver moons people in passing.

Dom
-mooning is cool.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Spinout gets the win. I heartily approve.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Y'know, the more you guys talk about this Diaclone part-swap, the more it makes me think I would want to do it. I mean, it's easy to do, and it would bolster my Classics Autobot forces.... Hm, now I'm gonna be tempted whenever I see a spare Suntreaker in stores.

Would this make them Lamborghini Quadruplets?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Of course not. Don't be silly, Prowl. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are brothers, but the Seekers aren't, despite actually being the same mould. :roll:
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

onslaught86 wrote:Of course not. Don't be silly, Prowl. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker are brothers, but the Seekers aren't, despite actually being the same mould. :roll:
Yeah, I dunno how robots are brothers in the first place, but whutevah.

As far as the Seekers go, it's a military uniform-type thing. Say, Megatron had a fairly powerful design for an air trooper drawn up, and the most qualified flyers went for it, sacrificing individuality for a more powerful form. Makes perfect sense to me.

138 "Don't look a damn thing like my brother, either" Scourge
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.