Alternate Superion transformation + custom parts

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
onslaught86

Alternate Superion transformation + custom parts

Post by onslaught86 »

Alrighty, chucking this one in here rather than ArmEnerTron or Movie because it's, er, the best place for things concerning Universe Superion.

Checked the news this morning and found a link to This. It's a set of custom add-on parts for Energon/Universe/Movie Superion, including optic panel, feet, forearms, and fists.
This, frankly, looks awesome.

What got me more than the add-on parts, however, was the alternate transformation for the arms. I've messed with my Superlink Superion for some time, and this is not an orientation I've tried before. Considering I got Universe Superion (Yes, we got the Universe packaging for Superion and Bruticus.Plenty still available if people want, but beware the shipping charges, eee) just because he was on sale over christmas, I'd honestly not messed with him all that much, since a repainted gestalt is not incredibly thrilling if it's the same character (More or less). Except when it's Bruticus, because Bruticus repaints rule.

Try the shoulder config - the gun utensil hands can be arranged to make really excellent hands as-is. I shall take pics later!
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Re: Alternate Superion transformation + custom parts

Post by Mirage »

I'll have to try the arm config, because that's one of my biggest beefs with the Energon combiners-- the torsos aren't bad, but the limbs are really hit or miss, with most just looking like a jumble of parts. I'm almost tempted by the set, though, just for REAL hands and feet. Anyone heard how much it is yet? Probably more than I'd want to pay, as most of these unofficial pieces are.
I disappear.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Words alone cannot convey the joy that has come from Universe Superion's shift in favour. He went from "Meh, I got him because he was on sale after christmas, and kind of regret buying him so he sits in the corner being boring" to "Holy crap, we're not getting any other real gestalts in the near future, this is amazing!"

Seriously. Proper arm articulation. Proportions. And things that look like three-fingered hands with thumbs. I am incredibly impressed by how much more I like the set now.

Pictsies ho:

onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

And then there were more pics of the add-on parts:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... t=FPJ10005