All Hail Megatron Discussion thread

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: All Hail Megatron Discussion thread

Post by Gomess »

Dominic wrote:Please elaborate on "conceptual panels".
Panels where the artwork does more than say "this character is stood here doing a thing". There's not many of them, but what there are is good. Most of the president's death sequence, and the closeup of Bombshell's eyes while he's teasing Skywarp, in particular.
Dominic wrote:Regardless of what you think of him, his work is not representative of IDW's "Transformers" related output.
Now, what did I just say about personal opinion? *sigh* ...Ok. For me, as someone who reads more novels- and a fair amount of creator-owned fiction- than comics, one author IS representative of an entire series. I can't help it. And besides that, IDW, as a single corporate entity, authorised the release of AHM. It *does* represent them. It didn't impress me, so I probably won't give them anymore of my money.

Now feel free to ignore my personal opinion and give me more reasons why I should read IDW's stuff. 8| OOO I'M SO STUBBORN
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Gomess wrote:Now feel free to ignore my personal opinion and give me more reasons why I should read IDW's stuff. 8| OOO I'M SO STUBBORN
Because I sent you a giant box full of the stuff.

What?

Sparky, the main thing is yeah, people like Six and I can admit that AHM had flaws, but we still *liked* it; the good parts outweighed the bad. Was issue 9 a terrible, terrible comic book? Yes, but it was just one issue out of twelve, and as a whole, they were all really really good. I'm sure you can admit that 'The Gathering' had flaws (
Spoiler
lolunderstatementI'm so cool
) but you still liked that story. You don't have to think something's perfect to enjoy it, and figuring out what something you liked could've done *better* can be half the fun!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

BWprowl wrote:Sparky, the main thing is yeah, people like Six and I can admit that AHM had flaws, but we still *liked* it; the good parts outweighed the bad. Was issue 9 a terrible, terrible comic book? Yes, but it was just one issue out of twelve, and as a whole, they were all really really good. I'm sure you can admit that 'The Gathering' had flaws (
Spoiler
lolunderstatementI'm so cool
) but you still liked that story. You don't have to think something's perfect to enjoy it, and figuring out what something you liked could've done *better* can be half the fun!
All I said was AHM (as in the whole series, not just one issue) having problems was an understatement. I don't understand why some of you are acting like I said it was terrible so you're supposed to hate it, because I didn't anything about anyone liking it, or not. That's a separate issue altogether. And yes, I'd certainly admit The Ascending had more than a fair share of flaws as well, despite liking that story myself.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Hey, hey, I meant read any *more* of IDW's stuff than what I already own!! =p

Spare a thought for me, you guys; the only TF stories I like enough to see again and again are the G1 cartoons and comic. Now there's some flaws!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:Point of information: McCarthy has not written for IDW since.
Except for Spotlight: Drift.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.