All Hail Megatron Discussion thread

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: All Hail Megatron Discussion thread

Post by Gomess »

Not with me around. I've wrangled wilder classroom discussions than this! *tips hat*

so

uh

JERKS, HUH?

I can be a little overbearing at times.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Gomess wrote:Darn straight! All the ones that don't go for the PUSSY NICE-GUYS, anyway!!

Really though, I am so sick of overly aggressive nerds. There are always many at cons. I think it's.. like.. discovering that they're allowed to cuss- and perhaps are no longer the puniest person in a room- suddenly goes to their head and puts them on a mad jerk power trip.

(Of course, there's plenty of nice people at cons. But my goodness, the inordinate amount of overbearing jerks put me off.)
This sums up my opinion on the subject:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:No it isn't. Don't act like that guy who ran the Optimus Prime panel at MAGFest which basically amounted to, "This is why everything except G1 sucks."
How did you go from AHM is flawed being an understatement to comparing me to a G1 purist? I'm no where close to that.

And even you're admitting here AHM is marred by flaws despite being a big supporter for this story.
AHM is marred by some flawed execution and exceptionally bad editing that managed to miss important things. (The multiple bridges problem is something that really should've been caught in editing.)
This topic is more than 100 pages long, pointing out many, many flaws this story has. And it's certainly more than just 'some' execution and bad editing.
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Sparky Prime wrote:This topic is more than 100 pages long, pointing out many, many flaws this story has. And it's certainly more than just 'some' execution and bad editing.
*raises hand meekly*

I...I liked AHM.

*cough*
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Many of those pages are talking about things that have nothing to do with AHM. Are you really going to use that as your argument?

Regardless, we've been down this road before so I'm just going to drop it.

(I like how you were totally quiet until anyone showed an opinion that AHM might have flaws, though. Couldn't have participated in the discussion when it was about tech specs, could you?)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Ursus mellifera wrote:This sums up my opinion on the subject:
Hah, not bad. True stereotypes like that are one of the many things that put me off online gaming. Nerdicks.

...Sparky, for what it's worth, I don't hate AHM *that* much. You're the man here. Most of this thread isn't actually me criticising it. =/
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Gomess wrote:
Ursus mellifera wrote:This sums up my opinion on the subject:
Hah, not bad. True stereotypes like that are one of the many things that put me off online gaming. Nerdicks.
I try to keep to myself. It usually works.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote:*raises hand meekly*

I...I liked AHM.

*cough*
I'm not saying someone can't enjoy it (although I didn't personally), just that it has several flaws.
Onslaught Six wrote:Many of those pages are talking about things that have nothing to do with AHM. Are you really going to use that as your argument?
Like what? As I recall this topic stayed pretty close to on point, unlike many other discussions we've had that go off on tangents. And those tangents came out of this discussion at hand so, indirectly at least, it would still have something to do with AHM.
Regardless, we've been down this road before so I'm just going to drop it.
Yet you still take the jab at me for voicing my opinion...
(I like how you were totally quiet until anyone showed an opinion that AHM might have flaws, though. Couldn't have participated in the discussion when it was about tech specs, could you?)
Part of my complaints of AHM had to do with how characters were portrayed (or mis-portayed). So I feel like I've covered that before.
Gomess wrote:...Sparky, for what it's worth, I don't hate AHM *that* much. You're the man here. Most of this thread isn't actually me criticising it. =/
I wouldn't say I *hate* it either. Transformers has seen worst. But it's still a terrible story full of problems.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Ok, but you guys have definitely been here before. We ain't gonna learn anything new. There's a reason I just make fun of Dom when it comes to fanfic now.

...Yeah, I know, I'm not a mod. Do as you will!

Heck, I don't even wanna risk saying, "Well, at least we can all agree everyone's entitled to their own opinion!" 'Cos I know Dom disagrees. =p

To sum up a bit, my main problems with AHM were the clunky dialogue and- unfortunately- the essential format (a few issues of a long-running comic book, and a G1 rehash at that). The main things I liked were the tone, the more conceptual panels, and the overall attempt at an original angle. All told though, I didn't find it particularly enjoyable, and likely won't be buying anymore of IDW's product.

And those, of course, are my personal opinions, and none of you are gonna waste time trying to convince me they're "wrong", are you? Let's get a drink instead.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Like what? As I recall this topic stayed pretty close to on point, unlike many other discussions we've had that go off on tangents. And those tangents came out of this discussion at hand so, indirectly at least, it would still have something to do with AHM
Sparky has a point here. This is one of our more on-topic threads. Granted, we have been around and around in it. But, yeah, this is one of our better threads in terms of being about what it is supposed to be about.
The main things I liked were the tone, the more conceptual panels, and the overall attempt at an original angle. All told though, I didn't find it particularly enjoyable, and likely won't be buying anymore of IDW's product
Please elaborate on "conceptual panels".

Point of information: McCarthy has not written for IDW since. Regardless of what you think of him, (and I want to run up to him at a conventino and give him a big hug on behalf of the whole fandom), his work is not representative of IDW's output as a whole, or even their "Transformers" related output.

By your logic, I would have to avoid Marvel for ever publishing something by Ennis or Kirkman. (And, believe me, I have thought about it. But, I also know that would be completely insane.)

Dom
-seriously, Kirkman sucks.