Shattered Glass review

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Shattered Glass review

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky Prime wrote:Again, I have to point out it'd be a waste to wipe out an entire species when it is not the entire species that is actually a threat. And I'd argue it is a moral obligation to avoid genocide. I just cannot see a situation being so desperate that genocide is a feasible option.
HEY I'M MEGATRON I'M A DECEPTICON FANBOY BOY WE'RE OPPRESSED WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING

HEY LET'S GO BACK IN TIME AND KILL ALL THE HUMANS

SHIT THAT DIDN'T WORK

HEY LET'S KILL PRIME

SHIT THEY SAVED HIM

SCREW THIS I'LL JUST TAKE OVER CYBERTRON.

(Apologies for all caps, but it's 2:45 AM and I need sleep.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:HEY I'M MEGATRON I'M A DECEPTICON FANBOY BOY WE'RE OPPRESSED WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING
How exactly are the Predacons oppressed? The only thing Megatron appears to indicate is simply that the Maximals are in charge of Cybertron rather than the Predacons. Although in Megatron's skewed perceptions that might seem like an oppression, that alone really it isn't an oppression. The Predacons freedoms really don't appear to be hindered save perhaps when it comes sanctions to prevent them from restarting the war.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:HEY I'M MEGATRON I'M A DECEPTICON FANBOY BOY WE'RE OPPRESSED WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING
How exactly are the Predacons oppressed? The only thing Megatron appears to indicate is simply that the Maximals are in charge of Cybertron rather than the Predacons. Although in Megatron's skewed perceptions that might seem like an oppression, that alone really it isn't an oppression. The Predacons freedoms really don't appear to be hindered save perhaps when it comes sanctions to prevent them from restarting the war.
...I'm not getting your point. Megatron believes they are oppressed, and takes action to try and deflate that. It doesn't matter if they actually are oppressed or not. The fact that Megatron believes they are--and is a little bit off the deep end I'll add--is reason alone for his actions.

Also, the fact that he's a Decepticon fanboy and the phrase "BOY WE'RE OPPRESSED" kind of indicates that this is a farfetch'd notion anyway.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:...I'm not getting your point. Megatron believes they are oppressed, and takes action to try and deflate that. It doesn't matter if they actually are oppressed or not. The fact that Megatron believes they are--and is a little bit off the deep end I'll add--is reason alone for his actions.
My point is that the Predacons aren't oppressed, despite what ever Megatron thinks. Megatron may think he's got good reason for his action but even the Tripredacus Council labels him a rouge.
Rampage01
Deluxe

Post by Rampage01 »

But can you be sure the Predacons aren't oppressed? Like I said before, we've never seen what life is really like on Maximal controlled Cybertron.

Then of course, there's also the matter of cultural differences. Predacons have different beliefs and philosophies than we do. What might be oppressive to us might not be to them, and what might be oppressive to them, might not be to us.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Why are we debating whether or not the Preds are oppressed? You're missing the point--Megs believes they are, and in his mind, his actions are justified by that. Morality is relevant.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Rampage01 wrote:But can you be sure the Predacons aren't oppressed? Like I said before, we've never seen what life is really like on Maximal controlled Cybertron.
Honestly, do the Maximals seem like the oppressive type? And we are given some evidence in the show, specifically, that the Predacons do have their own form of government (ruled by the Tripredacus Council) and their own autonomy (carrying out their own agenda from a space station). The Tripredacus Council even mentions that they have a diplomatic relationship with the Maximals. Clearly, they are not slaves or being oppressed as Megatron claims.
Onslaught Six wrote:Why are we debating whether or not the Preds are oppressed? You're missing the point--Megs believes they are, and in his mind, his actions are justified by that. Morality is relevant.
No - the point is Megatron wants the Predacons to be in charge of Cybertron, and is willing to do anything to make it happen. However he tries to rationalize those actions in his own view is irrelevant.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sparky Prime wrote:No - the point is Megatron wants the Predacons to be in charge of Cybertron, and is willing to do anything to make it happen. However he tries to rationalize those actions in his own view is irrelevant.
Including the genocide of a species of fleshy monkeys.

Are we done here? I'm not...I'm not seeing what you're trying to argue, here.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Are we done here? I'm not...I'm not seeing what you're trying to argue, here.
Well if you go back through the thread... I've been arguing that Megatron is evil. Although I don't know why that should have ever been in question.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Except that morality is a relevant concept. If you don't believe me, just look at the ongoing debate about abortion. (Not that I want us to start debating *that.*)