War for Cybertron: Siege toyline

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: War for Cybertron: Siege toyline

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:30 pm Surprising that Hasbro made an new mold Soundwave a Wal-Mart exclusive.
It's a remold of Siege Soundwave and the minions, perhaps that's why it's an exclusive, but between that and Bumblebee who's another remold, it seems like bullshit to me that 2 major remolds are exclusive to a retailer who is godawful at both online and in-store distribution.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

It makes me wonder if the Autobot clones will be Walmart exclusives, too; since Target got the Decepticons.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Another Collaborative figure has been announced...

This time around, Transformers is teaming up with the X-Men. The new Transformer is named: Ultimate X-Spanse, with his vehicle mode being the X-Men's iconic X-Jet (based on the 90's animated series version) SR-71 Blackbird (a retooling of the Studio Series Jetfire figure) and comes with a Sabertooth and Wolverine mini-figures.

It's interesting that this is the second figure of the Collaborative figures to get its own unique packaging.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Also, there's now four crossover figures and this doesn't seem to be a trend that going to end anytime soon.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Siege Megatron

robot mode - very much based on the G1 Megatron cartoon model, with one of the best Megatron facial sculpts I've seen. Plenty of articulation, including ankle joints that aren't fixed, allowing for some very nice poses. This is a very "action figure" Transformer, which is good because the bot mode is far and away the best aspect of the figure. The fusion cannon feels a bit small, but works and is removable, and the sword/cannon is inspired by the sword that the Japanese G1 Megatron figure had. I quite like the "weathered" paint on the figure.

transformation - the arms and torso are fairly intuitive, the folding of the legs into the back of the tank is not. It's not a complicated change, but very much one where it's not obvious just how and where certain folds need to be made.

vehicle mode - I'm not a big fan of the "h-tank" designs, I'd rather have a figure that turns into a tank actually end up with something that looks more like a real-world tank. Megatron takes this halfway with an enclosed front that tabs into place, but with a big open space on the back of the tank. Points added for how the arms form a tank turret that is able to rotate, something I haven't seen before.

Overall: decent tank mode, very good robot mode, a transformation that can be a bit frustrating in parts. Good figure overall more for being a very good representation of Megatron than for a fun transformation or solid vehicle. I'd recommend it. And I believe this is the model currently being used in the IDW comics for Megatron.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

andersonh1 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:32 am Siege Megatron
Points added for how the arms form a tank turret that is able to rotate, something I haven't seen before.

"Thrilling 30" tiny tank Megatron does that, I think; as well as the Warpath headswap version of that mold. It's a really ingenious design. I'dve never thought of it.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou