the "Evergreen" lines

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

the "Evergreen" lines

Post by Dominic »

Is anybody else buying the Evergreen lines?

I actually picked up the Shockwave from the black box line.

The figure is a bit smaller than a modern Voyager, with the complexity of a low-grade Scout figure. (The design may be based on the 2015 Shockwave, which was a Scout.) For the price (~$20) and size, the figure is very simple. The conversion is relatively simple. And, the figure lacks expected articulation, including knees.

The Shockwave is worth getting if you like the character. But, the rest of the line is characters that can be purchased as better toys.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: the "Evergreen" lines

Post by Shockwave »

Is this the one that is exclusive to Walgreens? I have that Shockwave but none of the others. I've seen reviews on youtube, but none of the others looked good enough to expend the time or money to track them down. For what it is, shockwave is decent enough and looks fine on my shelf of other Shockwaves.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

This is the first I've heard of this line.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am not sure if the line is exclusive to Walgreens. But, that is the only place I have seen these figures.

Anderson, this line is "generic Transformers". The figures are simplified variants of existing molds (such as the 2015 combiner-weapon Shockwave) scaled up/down to be 6-inch figures. The result is a set of figures that are the complexity of a current Scout-class figure, with the size and price of a Voyager.

I have seen Megatron, Optimus and Bumblebee in a previous wave. (I have heard about a Grimlock, but have not seen it.) The current wave consists of Prowl (simplified '08 mold), Sideswipe (simplified '09 Windcharger with a new head), Jetfire (very simplified and re-engineered, functionally new, '06 mold), and the Shockwave I bought.

I do not plan to get any more of these, as there are better toys of most of the characters, expecially considering the cost.