musing on the Primes (and giving Hasbro some credit)

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

musing on the Primes (and giving Hasbro some credit)

Post by Dominic »

For all of my complaints about "Power of the Primes", including Hasbro's poorly managed intellectual property, I do appreciate that the Primes are functionally non-aligned. (The show throws this off. But, the show is so badly written that we should expect no better.) Going by the toys, and packaging, the Primes are essentially a pantheon, and the members occasionally offer some kind of blessing to Cybertronians. Bad Cybertronians can benefit from an associate with a "nice" Prime, or vice versa.

For example, Quintus is generally considered one of the bad Primes. But, various Autobots use Quintus' power set to create or protect life. Alternatively, Amalgamous is described as one of the nicer Primes. But, the two named characters most closely associated with Amalgamous (from "Prime" and "Robots in Disguise") are both bad guys. How Liege Maximo's mic-skills are used is contingent on the character that is using them. (Skills are morally neutral. It is how they are used that matters.)

Just something that I give Hasbro points for.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: musing on the Primes (and giving Hasbro some credit)

Post by Shockwave »

This concept is further perpetuated by the fact that the various toys have different Prime powers on their cards. My Hun-Grr has Micronus while a Youtube reviewer I watched had Amalgamous. Some cards you could see in packaging (for deluxes) but some you can't (voyager and up). And you have no choice when ordering online either.