format for instructions

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

format for instructions

Post by Dominic »

Has anybody else has trouble reading the instructions for the figures?

The size, and print style, have been giving me trouble. I cannot see the images clearly. This is made worse by the lack of text on the instructions.

Thoughts?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: format for instructions

Post by Shockwave »

I haven't read instructions in ages mostly because of the terrible images, fonts, etc... They've been functionally useless for years (since the early days of G1 if I'm being honest). The original 84 line had it right with photos of the toy at each step which clearly show how it's supposed to transform.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, the last Transformer I got was MP-10 Optimus Prime, and I recall having a little trouble figuring out what they wanted me to do on a step or two by just the vague picture. It would have been nice to have a little text to clarify what the picture was showing.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

haven't read instructions in ages mostly because of the terrible images, fonts, etc...
Well, that proves my point.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Photos are really the best option. I wasn't even a fan of the drawn instruction back when they originally made the change in 1985. And some of the more recent ones have had photos, but when it's in black and white and red for some reason, you can hardly see what goes where.