John Barber is New IDW Editor-in-Chief

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
andersonh1

Re: John Barber is New IDW Editor-in-Chief

Post by andersonh1 »

Dominic wrote:With a reboot more or less happening, IDW might have simply raised BB from the dead by editorial fiat. (In 6 months, it will not matter.)
I thought the same thing when Wheeljack was killed off in the FCBD Unicron book. Does it matter? Everything will be reset in a few months. It does make me wonder how much dramatic impact anything in the Unicron storyline will have. It will be interesting to see.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I tend to think that the reboot is going to be IDW having a chance to do a gotterdammerung story with "Transformers". It is easy to be jaded about stuff like that, when DC has a hard reset every 5 years. But, IDW has had the license for over a decade. And, even with "Re-Generation One", this is only the second proper "end of a series" that TF has had as a franchise.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Shockwave died at the end of Dark Cybertron and hasn't been seen since (except in flashbacks). Bumblebee... Starscream is the only one who can see him because his "ghost" is acting as Starscream's conscience which I don't really count that as alive. He got killed by Shockwave in Dark Cybertron.
I take it you haven't been reading Optimus Prime? Shockwave recently was revealed to have survived the events of Dark Cybertron in issue #17 and #18. And the previews of Unicron #0 shows Bumblebee will be back in the physical realm for that storyline. I believe we'll be seeing how that happens soon...
So yeah, turns out I just hadn't picked up these issues when I posted about this. I'm up to date now and even managed to snag Unicron 0.