Titans Return Trypticon

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Titans Return Trypticon

Post by Sparky Prime »

The Transformers Instagram has posted (and incidentally, taken down) an image of Titans Return Trypticon, which TFW2005 has mirrored.
andersonh1

Re: Titans Return Trypticon

Post by andersonh1 »

I have a G1 Trypticon, and I have to say that this new one is pretty faithful to the original, albeit with some different proportions and a ton of sculpted detail in the gray. Very nice! Though if I couldn't afford the $150 for the other figures in this size class, it's unlikely I'll be able to afford this guy either, sadly. Still, it looks great.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, it looks like a very nice update to the original G1 figure. Looking forward to seeing his other modes and how he compares to Metroplex and Fortress Maximus.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm liking too. Count me all in. Finally a Decepticon Titan to go against the two Autobot ones. I hope they come out with Scorponok as well.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

IGN has fully revealed Trypticon, showing all modes and even including some images of the prototype as well as concept art.

TFW2005 also has images of the figure from Toy Fair.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Takara Tweeted a picture of Trypticon with Metroplex, giving us our first look at the scale of the Titan sized Decepticon.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sparky Prime wrote:Takara Tweeted a picture of Trypticon with Metroplex, giving us our first look at the scale of the Titan sized Decepticon.
That's a BIG Transformer. Very nice.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Indeed, they look really good together.

On a side note, it occurred to me this morning that it would be cool if they redid Unicron in titan class.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:On a side note, it occurred to me this morning that it would be cool if they redid Unicron in titan class.
I wouldn't mind seeing both a Unicron and Primus as Titan Class figures. Unicron I feel could really use an update since I was never all that impressed with the Armada toys, and make him a lot more like he appeared in G1 of course. And Primus, mainly I think they could do much better with the surface of Cybertron, but there are other places they could improve on the design. And actually scale them the same. Despite both were Supreme class figures, Unicron was a bigger figure.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

This figure looks really fun, and I may actually buy it with my own money instead of waiting for a clearance or freebie.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?