Power of the Primes fan vote

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Power of the Primes fan vote

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro will be holding a fan vote on Transformer.com, with the first round starting January 23rd, to determine which character will become the next Leader of Cybertron.

Press Release:
HASBRO LETS FANS SHAPE THE FUTURE OF THE TRANSFORMERS FRANCHISE WITH THE “POWER OF THE PRIMES” FAN VOTE

The fans can decide which Transformers character will become the next leader of Cybertron!

PAWTUCKET, R.I., December 1, 2016 – Today Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), announced the “Power of the Primes” fan vote, an upcoming event that will place the fate of Cybertron directly in the hands of Transformers fans around the globe. Beginning on January 23rd, 2017, fans will be able to visit Transformers.com to cast their vote to help determine which character will join the ranks of Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and other Cybertronian legends. The fan-voted Prime will be featured in the Transformers Generations toy line and brand’s Prime Wars Trilogy storytelling in 2018.

The Prime serves as leader of Cybertron, wields the immense power of the Matrix of Leadership and holds the fate of the Transformers universe in their hands. This leader is usually chosen directly by the Matrix of Leadership, but the “Power of the Primes” fan vote will put the fans in command and give them the power to light the darkest hour and choose the bot to lead Cybertron into a historic new era.

“Hasbro’s past Transformers fan votes have led to some of our most exciting characters, including Windblade, Victorion and next year’s Trypticon Titan,” said Tom Warner, Senior Vice President of the Transformers franchise at Hasbro. Our “Power of the Primes” fan vote will raise the stakes higher than ever. The Prime sets the tone for all things in the Transformers universe, and we’re excited to see which direction our fans want to take.”

The first round of voting will begin on January 23rd, when fans can visit Transformers.com to choose between three groups of candidates – Honor, Chaos and Order.

Honor: These legendary warriors will lead with honor and carry on the noble legacy of Optimus Prime.

Chaos: These powerful warlords will stop at nothing to become supreme leader of Cybertron, even if it means creating a chaotic world where only the strongest survive.

Order: These commanders vow to leave the Autobot and Decepticon factions in the past and unite Cybertron under a new order.

Four finalists will be chosen by the fans and revealed by Hasbro in late January. Fans can then have the final say by returning to Transformers.com to vote between February 1st and February 4th. The winning Prime will be officially unveiled during New York Toy Fair in February.

Candidates listed on teaser image released by Hasbro include:
Ultra Magnus
Hound
Arcee
Shockwave
Megatron
Star Saber
Thunderwing
Unknown Evil
Optimus Primal
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Power of the Primes fan vote

Post by Sparky Prime »

The Power of the Primes Vote is now live on Transformers.com

The candidates are broken down into each category as:

Honor
Hound, Ultra Magnus, Arcee

Chaos
Thunderwing, "Unknown Evil" (Deathsaurus), Optimus Primal

Order
Megatron, Shockwave, Star Saber

You can vote for one candidate in each of the three categories.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Those are some odd categories to put most of those characters in. In the Order category I voted for Star Saber, entirely because I'm watching Victory, so now I want a good Star Saber figure. :D
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, I find the categories they placed some of the characters in odd as well. Why is Optimus Primal in a "Chaos" slot? Megatron as "Order"?

At any rate... The first round winners have been announced:

Honor: Ultra Magnus

Chaos: Optimus Primal

Order: Star Saber

Wild Card: "Unknown Evil"

Second round voting between these finalist will start February 1st.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I picked Star Saber for the final round. I don't think we need another Magnus or Primal. Unknown evil could be interesting.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I voted Primal... There may be several of him already but I'd love to see some more new Beast Wars toys. And I'm curious how Hasbro would handle Optimus Primal becoming Prime after Optimus Prime...
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

It's been revealed that Optimus Primal was the winner of the fan vote.

Deathsaurus, the "Unknown Evil", was the runner up, Ultra Magnus came in third, and Star Saber fourth.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Well, I'm disappointed, but I'm glad you got the one you wanted, Sparky. I'd just like to see some lesser-known figures get some love.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I wouldn't mind seeing some lesser-known characters as well. But, I kinda think Hasbro will get around to them sooner or later with the amount of love they seem to be showing the late 80's characters, and even been throwing in a few characters that didn't show up in the American markets (Liokaiser, Sawback or the newly revealed Overlord for examples) lately. Meanwhile, it's the 20th Anniversary of Beast Wars, and Hasbro has no plans to do anything for it. It'll be good to see Beast Wars get some attention from Hasbro, and I like that fandom seems to agree.