figure modification

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: figure modification

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, Henkei Sunstreaker is a different shade of yellow that I like more anyway, and that'll provide some extra-cool contrast between him and Tigertrack.

Plus, if I spend $20 on toys I already own just to take them apart, I'll feel bad. Especially with my lack of cash lately. I'm just glad there's nothing much coming out soon--yay Hound and Cyclonus, but that's about it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: figure modification

Post by Onslaught Six »

Cracked open the other Sideswipe I bought and promptly did some parts swapping:

I did some extra stuff to Tigertrack. I put the lower legs on backwards and then turned his feet around, giving him this retro no-feet stump look that some early G1 toys like Wheeljack and Jazz sorta have. I might paint part of his legs black for contrast. I've also got the rear bumper on Spinout up covering his upper legs, almost like Galvatron-style thigh armour. Variance!

And yes, I know those photos are horrible. It's my phone.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.