Horrible Classics Cartoon Up.

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Horrible Classics Cartoon Up.

Post by Onslaught Six »

http://www.hasbro.com/monkeybartv/defau ... t&aid=3823

Yay surprise.

The link should supposedly take you right to it, but I had to scroll down and find it.

It's also on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OtRPB2TTc

Unfortunately, this is just horribly animated, drawn, and narrated. The story's bad and doesn't give us anything new or remotely interesting, it's a shoddy mish-mash of Classics and G1 designs, and overall it just sucks. Prime's voice isn't just horribly inappropriate, but it's not even that well done. Bleah!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Re: Horrible Classics Cartoon Up.

Post by onslaught86 »

Uh. Okay then. Thanks, Hasbro! It's MTMTE! Again! Please to be making cooler episodes in future.

The Armada adaptation of the little prequel comic to the Dreamwave series was considerably neater. :/
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Horrible or not, at least Classics/Universe is getting a little attention. Now if only they'd do a good cartoon... of course, all the voices would be wrong, and that would irk me, so I still wouldn't like it. :P
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Hehe, we such fanboys. :D
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It is not that bad.

Is it great? No.

But, I am happy to see avoids mention of Unicron and such. I will give it points, despite the voice-acting and animation, just for that.

Dom
-notes that none of those drivers reacted to the Ark crashing right next to the highway.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:It is not that bad.

Is it great? No.
I'm more annoyed by the inconsistancy that's all throughout it than I am at anything else. And...well, the horrible lack of actual animation.
But, I am happy to see avoids mention of Unicron and such. I will give it points, despite the voice-acting and animation, just for that.
I think Hasbro has been burnt out on Unicron ever since Cybertron. Unfortunately, I guess Furman isn't yet.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I think Hasbro is going for a sort of "general" over-view of TF, rather than trying present a specific variant of TF.

I think Furman is just burnt out, and has been since '03 or '04. And, now, IDW is burnt out on him.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

This has promise.

The promise to suck hard!

I'm kidding, but only just. It's not really that well executed, it has charm but it's almost primitive to the point of laughter. I dunno, there's something about this that says "we're not there yet".
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sixshot2000
Protoform

Post by Sixshot2000 »

I wonder if we are going to get another episode it has been a while but I really don't care because I didn't enjoy this.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I doubt it, since it looks like this was done to promote Classics/Universe, and that's over now, so.