Did anyone here buy 30th Double Dealer? if yes or no, why?

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

No, Not me, I think it's the worse Retooled repainted toy In the entire 30th TF toy line. Their is no way to get a bird mode out of the toy. No powermasters, No homage 1988 accessories. mold just doesn't look like 1988 Double Dealer.

I would have preferred HasTak, Instead done a Flywheels retooled, recolored toy out of this 30th Blitzwing toy.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Did anyone here buy 30th Double Dealer? if yes or no, wh

Post by Onslaught Six »

I never saw him in person, and am too much of a cheapass to buy things online. I was originally gonna get him in lieu of Blitzwing, but then I bought Blitzwing when I was employed a year ago (!!!). Now with all the other stuff coming out though, I think I'm gonna pass on him; I don't like the Blitzwing mould enough, even though DD looks better in it than Blitz does.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I did for a couple of reasons: 1, I had Blitzwing and loved it. Yeah, the mold has a few problems but it's one that I consistently enjoy fiddling with and the same holds for DD. B: My Decepticons are HORRIBLY outnumbered so this was a good chance to fill out the ranks a bit. And finally, I also just really liked the color deco on him. It seems like more of the details were painted on DD than they were for Blitzy.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Nope, but I've thought about it. I really like the colors on that toy, it looks nice and all, but the only thing interesting about that dude is the faction changing gimmick and the Powermaster thing. If this toy had either of those going on, the lack of a bird mode wouldn't bother me. But I just dont care enough about the character to get a sort of more or less update of it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:Nope, but I've thought about it. I really like the colors on that toy, it looks nice and all, but the only thing interesting about that dude is the faction changing gimmick and the Powermaster thing. If this toy had either of those going on, the lack of a bird mode wouldn't bother me. But I just dont care enough about the character to get a sort of more or less update of it.
The faction changing is still there. he's got an Autobot logo on his tank mode and Decepticon logos for jet mode and both are actually hidden in bot mode.