First pics of Generations 30th Leader sized Jetfire.

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: First pics of Generations 30th Leader sized Jetfire.

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:This has painted panel lines and is a heavy use of the Harmony Gold license, what makes you guys think that recipe doesn't add up to "someone's custom"?
Well Hasbro has just confirmed it's real with their Toy Fair Investor event, showing Jetfire and the first image of the Windblade figure.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Dominic wrote:Part of me wonders if the facade piece will be a removable chest-plate or something. As of right now, I am not impressed enough to buy this thing.
You can see the same air intake vents on the underside of the jet mode as well as on the chest of the robot mode, so I'd doubt the chest-plate is removable. Looks to me like the vents flip down and the jet cockpit probably flips back so that it's hidden in the robot mode.
"Hidden" is a strong word. It's on the back, but it's not hidden.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote:"Hidden" is a strong word. It's on the back, but it's not hidden.
Yeah, although I wasn't saying that it is hidden. I was speculating about the transformation scheme based on that one image we had at the time I made that comment. Clearly it doesn't transform like I'd hoped it would where it would hide the other cockpit.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Peaugh put up a review of this figure, and while he likes it, in my eyes it looks very disappointing. The large amount of wasted plastic on the cockpit and front fuselage that ends up dumped onto the back is downright rude when you see how gappy this thing's torso is to make up for that. Also, the FAST Packs on the back stick up a country mile and they wasted efforts with a rotation joint rather than just another set of pegs to fit it right. There doesn't seem to be a gerwalk mode intended. And the shiny red chrome looks cheap and shitty. Thinking of walking away from this one.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?