First pics of Generations 30th Leader sized Jetfire.

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bay/29363/

I had my doubts regarding this months ago. I guessed it might be the ROTF Leader sized Jetfire in a 1985G-1 Deco. I had also speculated this might be the Classics 1.0 Voyager sized toy upsized into a Leader sized toy.

I gotta admit that this turned out better than I could have ever dreamed it could. This toy is simply a thing of beauty & a superb engineered toy.
I like all the extras this toy comes with. This toy shows the awesomeness Hasbro & Takara are capable of creating for the TF toys. It was a stroke of genious to make the jet mode look like the 1985 toy while the robot mode looks like the 1985 cartoon designs.
andersonh1

Re: First pics of Generations 30th Leader sized Jetfire.

Post by andersonh1 »

So, it's a similar idea to Classics Jetfire, but not the same mold. Not bad. The plane certainly looks a little more like the original.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It does seem to be a nice mixture of the original toy with the cartoon model. I'm actually interested to get one.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Very cool looking figure. I'm curious to see how it transforms with the cockpit being a different design in each mode. Love the detail they put into it to recreate elements of both the toy and the cartoon and balance them together like this.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

If that is a Leader class toy....I am not happy.

The visibly hollow wings in robot mode bug me. (Leader toys cost what, $40? And, they are large. I expect more than hollow wing on a robot that big.

Very cool looking figure. I'm curious to see how it transforms with the cockpit being a different design in each mode. Love the detail they put into it to recreate elements of both the toy and the cartoon and balance them together like this.
Well, obviously, there will be facade parts involved. Given the way that Hasbro has been working of late, I am skeptical about it being done particularly well. (I would not even put it past them to to have a wholly removable part in one or both modes that does not apply to the other mode.)

Sorry to be such a downer. But, every time I have gotten excited about a TF for the last few years, Hasbro has found a way to make me sorry.)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Well, obviously, there will be facade parts involved.
Obviously, but I'm talking about the actual transformation process, seeing as there is no obvious place the secondary cockpit goes in either mode from the images shown.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

This has painted panel lines and is a heavy use of the Harmony Gold license, what makes you guys think that recipe doesn't add up to "someone's custom"?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

That is a possibility. But, it has not been debunked fully yet.

Obviously, but I'm talking about the actual transformation process, seeing as there is no obvious place the secondary cockpit goes in either mode from the images shown.
Part of me wonders if the facade piece will be a removable chest-plate or something. As of right now, I am not impressed enough to buy this thing.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:This has painted panel lines and is a heavy use of the Harmony Gold license, what makes you guys think that recipe doesn't add up to "someone's custom"?
No,It's the real deal. This will be the HasTak 2014 30th leader sized Jetfire toy. Harmony doesn't own the patent rights to painted stripes. Harmony does not hold exclusive rights to that Jet design.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Part of me wonders if the facade piece will be a removable chest-plate or something. As of right now, I am not impressed enough to buy this thing.
You can see the same air intake vents on the underside of the jet mode as well as on the chest of the robot mode, so I'd doubt the chest-plate is removable. Looks to me like the vents flip down and the jet cockpit probably flips back so that it's hidden in the robot mode.