More new Generations figures coming

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: More new Generations figures coming

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:TM and BM Rattrap are adequate figures still, while original Rattrap really needed an update pretty badly. Yeah, the TM backpack doesn't rotate around and the wheels don't move as shields, but ultimately I think it holds up well enough.
I like BM Rattrap a lot, but I could see a case being made for an update that resembles the show character more. Still, I doubt there's a whole bunch of people exactly clamoring for new Beast Machines toys, so I'll leave that alone.

The backpack and shields on the orginal TM toy don't bother me much now. I think I did spend some time trying to figure out how to rotate that backpack around on the toy when I first got it way back in the day, though.
Almighty Unicron wrote:I wasn't a fan of the transmetals. I've always been of the opinion that transformers should be robots in disguise and being a giant chrome rat with wheels ain't foolin' nobody.
Generally, I'm with you on the disguise thing, but it didn't seem to be too much of an issue in Beast Wars. I think all of my favorite designs from that era were all shitty disguises. Scorpion with a cobra growing out of it? Cyborg Hyena with a buzzsaw on it's back? Winged wolf? Hell, winged tiger?

EDIT: Oh, of course. I go and say how I doubt there's demand for updated BM toys, and then I click that link and see Tankor. Well, hot damn.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

138 Scourge wrote:EDIT: Oh, of course. I go and say how I doubt there's demand for updated BM toys, and then I click that link and see Tankor. Well, hot damn.
On the upside that does open the door for that BM Rattrap that you want.

Come to think of it, how was the original version? I never had BM Rattrap.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Come to think of it, how was the original version? I never had BM Rattrap.
Better than people give it credit for. Not remarkably accurate, but closer than most BM toys got at the time, and absolutely loaded with personality. The beast mode had this terrific gimmick where you would twist his tail and his head would cock to the side and one ear would perk up, as if he was turning to listen/look at someone. It was pretty great. Robot mode featured 'lift visor to make him scream in terror' action, and a legged mode that worked surprisingly well. I dunno, I picked it up as a kid, and I had a lot of fun with that toy. I might see about digging it out of whatever storage bin it wound up in.

Anyway, Tankorr looks neat enough, but I fear he'll be disappointingly small. I also really hope there's a way to position that cannon that doesn't look terrible, and that missile's gotta go as soon as he's out of the box.

Crosscut looks nice enough and he's not Skids, so double-score!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I suspect,The reason Hasbro did a BM Tankor for the 30th line. Was due to Hasbro trying to celebrate each TF toy line in toy form for the 30th line.

I doubt Hasbro will go overboard with BM for the 30th line. I am not expecting anything but tankor & his repaint drone for the 30th line.

Hasbro is well aware of the on-line Fandom hate for the BM cartoon & toy designs. The Majority hates BM,While a extremely small minority like BM.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Come to think of it, how was the original version? I never had BM Rattrap.
Better than people give it credit for. Not remarkably accurate, but closer than most BM toys got at the time, and absolutely loaded with personality. The beast mode had this terrific gimmick where you would twist his tail and his head would cock to the side and one ear would perk up, as if he was turning to listen/look at someone. It was pretty great. Robot mode featured 'lift visor to make him scream in terror' action, and a legged mode that worked surprisingly well. I dunno, I picked it up as a kid, and I had a lot of fun with that toy. I might see about digging it out of whatever storage bin it wound up in.
Yup. Also, the wheels for his wheeled robot mode could detach and there was a neat gimmick where you could pop blades out of them. I don't remember if he could hold them in his hands (probably not) or if we were just supposed to assume Rattrap just chucked those things at Vehicons, but either way they were pretty cool. The rat mode was really neat, too. Not realistic at all, of course, being a cyborg rat and all, but the size and proportions were kind of realistic. It was pretty cool looking in both modes and had some neat gimmicks. Man, now I wonder if I still have mine around.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Just wanted to share this... Emiliano Santalucia posted his concept art design of Generations Rattrap on his blog today. Unlike his designs for Rhinox and Waspinator however, he only designed Rattrap's robot mode. Interesting to see how things changed during the design process, seeing how Hasbro changed the robot legs in-particular. At any rate, it's a great art piece of Rattrap.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

BWprowl wrote:
Yep, BMac Rattrap is a pretty solid figure, though way out of scale compared to the others, like so many Beast Machines figures were.