Sentinel,is releasing a Titan sized Scorponok in 2014.

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Sentinel,is releasing a Titan sized Scorponok in 2014.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sentinel,Is releasing a Titan sized Scorponok in 2014.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Sentinel,who is another toy company has asked for permission & paid a license fee to Takara in order to release this Scorponok product in the official legal way. This item will most likely have the Sentinel logo & takara logo on the box,instructions & maybe toy mold,Similar to what Takara does with CMS Corps,Disney TF cross-overs toys & device label.

Sadly it doesn't transform into anything. It's a extremely oversized Actionmaster. Sentinel & Tomy has provided a pic of Titan Scorponok next to a reissue Fort max. Personally I think this is just lazy. 1987 Scorponok had such a ridiculously simple transformation that there is no excuse for this not to do the same. All you need do is have a double jointed knee and some buggy kibbly type legs and a tail on the back and VOILA...you have a transforming Scorponok.

Oh,Did I forget to mention the ridiculous/best part,it has put a $549.99 price tag on this toy.

This is chuck full of weapons but it's missing the main thing it should have which is a transforming Headmaster Zarak.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
andersonh1

Re: Takara-Tomy is releasing a Titan sized Scorponok in 2014

Post by andersonh1 »

That's pricey. And it doesn't transform? I'm guessing this is just for the Japanese market, so there's a more limited number available, hence the high domestic price.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Are you sure this is an official Takara-Tomy product? The BBTS page says it's actually from a company called Sentinel. And the price tag is more of something you'd expect from a 3rd party company. Might also explain why it doesn't transform.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:Are you sure this is an official Takara-Tomy product? The BBTS page says it's actually from a company called Sentinel. And the price tag is more of something you'd expect from a 3rd party company. Might also explain why it doesn't transform.
The BBTS Pic,Has the words "TOMY" near the bottom of the pic. Tomy gave some sort of liscensing approval for this toy. The company must have paid a licensing fee to TOMY.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

You mean the picture that uses the Transformers logo? That could explain why they put the Tomy copyright on it. But even it has some official licensing, it's still not a Takara-Tomy product since, again from what the BBTS page says, its actually by another company called Sentinel.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:You mean the picture that uses the Transformers logo? That could explain why they put the Tomy copyright on it. But even it has some official licensing, it's still not a Takara-Tomy product since, again from what the BBTS page says, its actually by another company called Sentinel.
Most on-line TF fans,Including myself,Have come to the strong conclusion. That this item is official & another company has paid Takara-Tomy for the temp-license to release this Scorponok toy. Similar to what CMS Corps & Disney does with their official TF toys,where they pay Takara-Tomy a license fee to bring these to the market in the legal way.

Whether or not any TOMY logo words appear on the box or toy mold is still unknown at this time. It is not a uncommon pratice especially in japan,To have several companies logo's appear on a toy box or toy mold.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Most on-line TF fans,Including myself,Have come to the strong conclusion. That this item is official & another company has paid Takara-Tomy for the temp-license to release this Scorponok toy. Similar to what CMS Corps & Disney does with their official TF toys,where they pay Takara-Tomy a license fee to bring these to the market in the legal way.
That's all well and good, but this is the thing... Takara-Tomy giving a 3rd party an official licensing isn't the same thing as Takara-Tomy producing and releasing the figure. It's still 3rd party product, it just has offcial licenses to use copyrighted materials.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Most on-line TF fans,Including myself,Have come to the strong conclusion. That this item is official & another company has paid Takara-Tomy for the temp-license to release this Scorponok toy. Similar to what CMS Corps & Disney does with their official TF toys,where they pay Takara-Tomy a license fee to bring these to the market in the legal way.
That's all well and good, but this is the thing... Takara-Tomy giving a 3rd party an official licensing isn't the same thing as Takara-Tomy producing and releasing the figure. It's still 3rd party product, it just has offcial licenses to use copyrighted materials.
The company named "Sentinel" is not considered a 3rd party company if they do things the legal way,by asking licensed companies for permission & paying the license fee.

The gigantic scorponok toy being released by "Sentinel" will be considered a official Transformers toy as the company holds a temp license. The Sentinel & Tomy words,will both appear somewhere on the toy box,paper work & possible toy mold. As Tomy has often done this in the past with CMS Corp,Disney label & device label.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:The company named "Sentinel" is not considered a 3rd party company if they do things the legal way,by asking licensed companies for permission & paying the license fee.
No. Even though they have the official licensing it's still a product of a 3rd party. That doesn't change just because they've got licensing. All that really means is they have the premission of Takara-Tomy to use their copyrighted material, so unlike other 3rd party products, they can actually call it Scorponok and use the Transformers brand logos. That doesn't change that Takara-Tomy isn't producing this. It was made by someone else.
The gigantic scorponok toy being released by "Sentinel" will be considered a official Transformers toy as the company holds a temp license.
I wouldn't consider it an official Transformer just because it holds official licensing. Would you consider a keychain version of Optimus made by some other company an official Transformer just because it holds official licensing? It isn't the same thing as an official Transformer that was actually produced by Takara-Tomy and Hasbro. This thing, despite its size and detailing, wont even be capable of transforming.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:The company named "Sentinel" is not considered a 3rd party company if they do things the legal way,by asking licensed companies for permission & paying the license fee.
No. Even though they have the official licensing it's still a product of a 3rd party. That doesn't change just because they've got licensing. All that really means is they have the premission of Takara-Tomy to use their copyrighted material, so unlike other 3rd party products, they can actually call it Scorponok and use the Transformers brand logos. That doesn't change that Takara-Tomy isn't producing this. It was made by someone else.
The gigantic scorponok toy being released by "Sentinel" will be considered a official Transformers toy as the company holds a temp license.
I wouldn't consider it an official Transformer just because it holds official licensing. Would you consider a keychain version of Optimus made by some other company an official Transformer just because it holds official licensing? It isn't the same thing as an official Transformer that was actually produced by Takara-Tomy and Hasbro. This thing, despite its size and detailing, wont even be capable of transforming.
The term 3rd party does not fit here. according to this defination site link: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/third+party
Here's a defination of a 3rd party from the site link. " THIRD PARTY (Law) a person who is involved by chance or only incidentally in a legal proceeding, agreement, or other transaction, esp one against whom a defendant claims indemnity.

Sentinel is a Company who does things within the law. They asked Takara for permission & paid a license fee.

I'm done replying in this thread. I have said everything I need to say. If I give anymore replies,It would be me repeating the same points over & over. I am not a fan of this repeating points over & over reply style. If I can't bring up any newer points,then i'm done discussing in a thread.