non-binding kitbash question

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!

Should I use the ______________ on my G2 Ramjet custom?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:43 am

-mkI (regular) Decepticon head
No votes
-mkII (pointed) Decepticon head
100%

Total votes: 4

Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: non-binding kitbash question

Post by Dominic »

I am coming at this from the angle of being sick of straight recolors. I have already done two straight recolors of Acid Storm into characters vaguely based on other oddly colored Decepticons I vaguely remember from the cartoon, (including the guy I think eventually was named as Acid Storm). So, I want to branch out a bit.

Dom
-leaning towards a head swap.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Dominic wrote:I am coming at this from the angle of being sick of straight recolors. I have already done two straight recolors of Acid Storm into characters vaguely based on other oddly colored Decepticons I vaguely remember from the cartoon, (including the guy I think eventually was named as Acid Storm). So, I want to branch out a bit.

Dom
-leaning towards a head swap.
Then why did you make the poll, if you're just going to swap the heads anyway?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I wanted to see if there was any compelling reason to stick with the original cone head.

Dom
-hey, it resembles package art. That counts for something, right?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Heh. Just amuses me that it's 4:0 in favour of using the conehead. I certainly do think the original head would be very cool, and G2 Ramjet's colours are snazzy - be sure to replace the launchers if you can for full accuracy, G2 launchers would fit the Classics mould - it's just not very Ramjet, and would make the figure more like "Some Seeker in G2 Ramjet colours" than "G2 Ramjet" per se. And Wasteland has precedent for being a purple Seeker using the original head.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Wasteland?

Dom
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Fan name for Generic Purple Seeker from G1's pilot ep.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Mmhm, and it's 'my' awesome name, too. It's because he has a flamethrower, see. With which he lays waste to the land.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Years ago, when I was doing customs of PVC figures based on vaguely rememberd non-toy Decepticons, I think I used the purple color scheme for a guy I called Shellshock. I know I had a guy based on the guy who eventually became Acid Storm. (Ironically, it was one of the few I never had a name or schtick for.)

Dom