First look at production Metroplex, who needs stickers

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: First look at production Metroplex, who needs stickers

Post by Shockwave »

We all know that Costco has these things for $80 now right? My Mom called me Sunday morning stating that she found it so it looks like it's going to be a good X-Mas.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Shockwave wrote:We all know that Costco has these things for $80 now right? My Mom called me Sunday morning stating that she found it so it looks like it's going to be a good X-Mas.
I was actually going to post here about that. Do you guys think 'Plex is worth $80? I'm tempted to go pick one up for myself.

What are the odds of them repainting 'Plex as like Metrotitan somewhere down the road?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Shockwave wrote:We all know that Costco has these things for $80 now right? My Mom called me Sunday morning stating that she found it so it looks like it's going to be a good X-Mas.
I was actually going to post here about that. Do you guys think 'Plex is worth $80? I'm tempted to go pick one up for myself.

What are the odds of them repainting 'Plex as like Metrotitan somewhere down the road?
I certainly think he's worth $80 compared to the $110 that other stores are charging. As for a Metrotitan repaint, I think it'll depend on how well Plex sells, but yeah, I could totally see them doing that.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

The problem is actually having a Costco card, which, if I'm not wrong, is another $40 or so on top of it. If you already have one, great. If not...eh.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I definately wouldn't recommend getting a Costco card just for that, but I and my parents already have them and the gas savings alone are worth it (seriously, Costco gas is like 25-40 cents cheaper than everywhere else).
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:I definately wouldn't recommend getting a Costco card just for that, but I and my parents already have them and the gas savings alone are worth it (seriously, Costco gas is like 25-40 cents cheaper than everywhere else).
Onslaught Six wrote:The problem is actually having a Costco card, which, if I'm not wrong, is another $40 or so on top of it. If you already have one, great. If not...eh.
Sometimes stores like this offer a one day/week free pass.

Their is always the option of stepping into Cosco,Getting the Metroplex toy. then asking a cosco customer who has a cosco card to,please do me a favor,"i'll give you the $80+tax to buy this toy & maybe a few bucks more for your trouble,if you can please buy this toy for me using your Cosco card.

I went to the Cosco site & I did a store locator search,Their is no Cosco stores in my state/area. The nearest Cosco is 50+ miles away. it is simply not worth traveling 100+ miles round trip with gasoline being over $3.40 per gallon looking for a toy,I can easily buy on the internet & get free shipping. I already bought a Titan sized Metroplex toy mmonths ago for around $109 & I qualified for free shipping.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Onslaught Six wrote:The problem is actually having a Costco card, which, if I'm not wrong, is another $40 or so on top of it. If you already have one, great. If not...eh.
I already have one. It comes in quite handy when you're living in a dorm. I've been living off a barrel of pretzels I bought during my freshman year.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Toys R Us .com had Titian metroplex on sale for $103.99 with free shipping. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... search&cp= This is perhaps the best deal on the figure I've seen on-line thus far.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
I already have one. It comes in quite handy when you're living in a dorm. I've been living off a barrel of pretzels I bought during my freshman year.
Careful you don't get scurvy, I've heard of that happening to college students living off Kraft Macaroni & Cheese like that. :D

Anyway, how many months later is it and I still haven't gotten all those damned stickers on? Too many goddamned stickers!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
Careful you don't get scurvy, I've heard of that happening to college students living off Kraft Macaroni & Cheese like that. :D

Anyway, how many months later is it and I still haven't gotten all those damned stickers on? Too many goddamned stickers!
Ugh. Reminds me of my roommate I lived with when I was interning for Blizzard out in California. I skyped with a few other interns before thinking she'd be the best person to room with (we're both very private people and never really bothered eachother), and she looked normal. Upon meeting her IRL she was the palest woman I've ever met with I swear to fucking god, gray flesh. Not gray skin, but gray flesh, and she was maybe 100 pounds if wet and cold to the touch. Blizzard paid us well- well enough that I could cook myself fresh dinner every night and I even offered to cook for her if she split the food budget. But instead she just bought an economy pack of kraft and an economy pack of maruchan and that's all she ate the entire summer. I am amazed that woman's still alive.