Theories, Hasbro doesn't care & lets IDW do as they please.

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Theories, Hasbro doesn't care & lets IDW do as they plea

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:It's "equating" them with The Thirteen Specifically that I think we kind of take issue with. Because The Thirteen used to just be a vague concept.
I don't see why. Because it used to be a vague concept? We still really don't know much about them, let alone their history in other continuities. Heck, we don't even know all of their names.

Come to think of it, isn't the plot of the MTMTE comic somewhat like the Exiles novel? Optimus finds a star map inside the Matrix which leads them to long lost colonies and a few members of the Original 13 and their relics?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Theories, Hasbro doesn't care & lets IDW do as they plea

Post by Onslaught Six »

Sort of. I guess it is similar.

I guess my problem with this is that, within TF, it's not exactly uncommon to kind of duplicate things. I mean, there's Unicron, D-Void, and Dark Nova, who are all arguably Big Bad Evil Demigods of planetary size and power. Mystic artifacts, too--the Matrix, the AllSpark (in various continuities), the Magnificence, whatever. TF is full of weird duplicate shit.

We'll have to see where it goes, though, like I said.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.