Combiner Wars Computron and Liokaiser?

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Combiner Wars Computron and Liokaiser?

Post by Dominic »

The Takara Computron looks good enough that I am less likely to buy the US release.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, Takara's version certainly looks to be the superior version. I've been really impressed with the amount of remolding Hasbro has done to make so many of the CW figures look like completely different characters, but their Computron I have to say is the first I've really been disappointed by. I'm glad to see they actually are releasing Computron rather than just Scattorshot, but it just kinda looks like they only made half the effort compared to every other CW remold.

Also have to say I was really disappointed with the news to come out of Botcon this year. I wasn't all that impressed with any of the new figures shown off, and I can't believe they said they have no plans of celebrating Beast Wars 20th Anniversary...
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Given how well the 10th anniversary of "Beast Wars" went....

The more I look at the American Computron, I wonder how many people are just going to get the Japanese release. I wonder if Hasbro will use that as an excuse to not even attempt doing something cool in the future.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:Given how well the 10th anniversary of "Beast Wars" went....
Considering that was mainly just slightly more show accurate repaints, which came with a single episode DVD and BAF Transmutate part... I mean, it was great to see Hasbro recognized that anniversary, but I think it was hard for many fans to justify getting essentially the same figures they already own. Not to mention, the series really hadn't been gone for very long at that point, with the reruns being on Fox Kids only a few years prior to that anniversary.

But now that it's actually been several years since Beast Wars came to an end, and there is precedent for making new, updated molds of the characters...