Rumor,Generations Leader size Ultra Magnus is on the way.

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Rumor,Generations Leader size Ultra Magnus is on the way.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Rumor,Generations Leader size Ultra Magnus toy is on the way for 2015
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ng-181428/

My ideal toy design for this would be done in the IDW TF G-1 Ultra Magnus comics art style. Don't want a parts former-armor combined mode toy. Just want a big one piece toy that Transforms back and forth.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Rumor,Generations Leader size Ultra Magnus is on the way

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:My ideal toy design for this would be done in the IDW TF G-1 Ultra Magnus comics art style. Don't want a parts former-armor combined mode toy. Just want a big one piece toy that Transforms back and forth.
Get the Masterpiece then.

My first reaction was that this would just be a white repaint of the upcoming Combiner Wars Optimus/Motormaster mold (which technically would still have an 'armor/Super Mode' gimmick of sorts), but no, that's a Voyager. A large part of me just REALLY doesn't think Hasbro would go in for a big new Ultra Magnus right now, especially with the MP right there, but we DID just get another bigass Geewun guy with an armor gimmick (Jetfire), so it's not a total stretch. At any rate, I do hope it has the armor, the armor-up gimmick was the main thing that made UM so fun and interesting, and it always makes me sad that people don't care about it and want it cut out.

Also it would potentially be IDW-based and thus the inner robot would actually be Ambus, and it would be fun to watch people flip out and get pissed off about that.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:My ideal toy design for this would be done in the IDW TF G-1 Ultra Magnus comics art style. Don't want a parts former-armor combined mode toy. Just want a big one piece toy that Transforms back and forth.
Get the Masterpiece then.

My first reaction was that this would just be a white repaint of the upcoming Combiner Wars Optimus/Motormaster mold (which technically would still have an 'armor/Super Mode' gimmick of sorts), but no, that's a Voyager. A large part of me just REALLY doesn't think Hasbro would go in for a big new Ultra Magnus right now, especially with the MP right there, but we DID just get another bigass Geewun guy with an armor gimmick (Jetfire), so it's not a total stretch. At any rate, I do hope it has the armor, the armor-up gimmick was the main thing that made UM so fun and interesting, and it always makes me sad that people don't care about it and want it cut out.

Also it would potentially be IDW-based and thus the inner robot would actually be Ambus, and it would be fun to watch people flip out and get pissed off about that.
Some over at TFW have speculated that the Voyager Prime repaint would have the armor attach via the combiner ports and that Hasbro would count the armored form as Leader class. I would love to have an IDW style Magnus with the armor and a minicon sized Ambus inner robot.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Some over at TFW have speculated that the Voyager Prime repaint would have the armor attach via the combiner ports and that Hasbro would count the armored form as Leader class.
Oh hey, that's actually not a bad idea. So long as the armored form looked good (the Optimus version of that base mold is already something I'm not crazy about), I'd be down for it. Plus it would mean you could potentially Magnus-ify other Combiner Wars Voyagers, and that could be fun (and work with Magnus's whole schtick in IDW, and given that Combiner Wars is an explicit IDW tie-in...).
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:Plus it would mean you could potentially Magnus-ify other Combiner Wars Voyagers, and that could be fun (and work with Magnus's whole schtick in IDW, and given that Combiner Wars is an explicit IDW tie-in...).
:shock: Holy crap, I hadn't even thought of that. Man, you're right that would be a lot replay value to have scramble city type limbs along with an armor set, the possibilites for that are endless! They could even make a Decepticon armor set to fit on Motormaster if people wanted to make some sort of Motormaster/Nemesis Prime/Scourge type thing.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:Some over at TFW have speculated that the Voyager Prime repaint would have the armor attach via the combiner ports and that Hasbro would count the armored form as Leader class.
Oh hey, that's actually not a bad idea. So long as the armored form looked good (the Optimus version of that base mold is already something I'm not crazy about), I'd be down for it. Plus it would mean you could potentially Magnus-ify other Combiner Wars Voyagers, and that could be fun (and work with Magnus's whole schtick in IDW, and given that Combiner Wars is an explicit IDW tie-in...).
Seriously Doubt Hasbro is going to use this idea above in BWProwl's reply.

I think using the CW-Generations Voyager Optimus toy coloring it white with armor attached then calling it a leader sized Ultra Magnus robot mode----> WOULD BE THE WORSE SCENARIO HERE.

That CW-Generations Voyager scale Optimus mold is the worse horrible mold ever.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Seriously doubt the 2015 Generations Leader class Ultra Magnus toy is a Repainted CW-G Voyager Optimus toy with 4 deluxe Limbs bots drones. Because their is no way Hasbro USA will sell all of this for just $43. CW-G Voyager Optimus cost $26, Four CW deluxe limbs bots drones equal $60, That total cost over $85. Anyways all of this will never fit inside a current Generations Leader scale box. The CW Gestalts are over 12 inches tall, while a Generations leader scale robot is 9 inches tall.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Y'know, something else actually occurred to me: They could also take the combiner port armor idea and use it to make a Ginrai/Powermaster Prime type trailer/armor set. That would be cool.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Y'know, something else actually occurred to me: They could also take the combiner port armor idea and use it to make a Ginrai/Powermaster Prime type trailer/armor set. That would be cool.
Not sure how much they'd go in for that, given that we know the Optimus version of the mold is already getting a solo release, so any potential armor would need to be a separate release or with a tweaked deco or something. Plus, given what a shitbox the Optimus version of the toy looks like, I don't know that I'd want it as an attempt at a Ginrai homage anyway.

You can be sure some third-party opportunists will put out a set of add-on PM Prime-style Super Mode armor for it though.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I don't know, if they gave the armor a passable vehicle mode and robot mode, but had it combine with Prime then maybe? It seems unlikely they'd go that route, but stuff like Wing Saber and Armada Overload wasn't that long ago.

I don't know if enougg people give a damn about that version of Prime to make it feasible, but who knows, Laser Rod Prime got a homage
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.