[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TF Views • View topic - Love or Hate for Animated Toys!

Love or Hate for Animated Toys!

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.

Re: Love or Hate for Animated Toys!

Postby Onslaught Six » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am

Bwuh? There was an Animated Sunstreaker?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Postby 138 Scourge » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 am

I'm gonna guess he meant Sunstorm.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Postby JediTricks » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:49 am

See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Postby Tigermegatron » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:13 pm

I didn't care for the ANIMATED toys. they seemed & felt like caricatures mocking various character/toys from previous TF toy lines. similar to when that super deformed SD Gundam line was a caricature mocking the gundam toys to make them more toddler appealing.

About the only 2 animated toys I'd reccomend getting is leader sized megatron & leader sized ultra magnus.

I just wasn't a fan of the smiley & kiddie faces most animated toys had.

it's plainly obvious since most animated toys were craicatures & cheaply made. why bother getting these character animated toys when you can get the better made character toys from previous TF toy lines like as follows: BM deluxe sized Blackarachnia instead of animated deluxe blackarachnia. classics 1.0 Rodimus instead of deluxe animated rodimus. classics 1.0 bumblebee instead of animated bumblebee.
and the list goes on.

it's funny that TF Prime toys are following in the same path as animated toys. why bother buying the TF Prime toys that are obviously being made for a younger toddler customer. why not just pretend the live action movie toys are the more grown up TF Prime toys. these TF Prime toys are obvious CARICATURE toys based off the live action movie toy designs. like TF Prime optimus prime looking like the TF1 2007 voyager sized optimus prime toy. TF Prime megatron looking like the TF1 2007 voyager sized megatron toy. TF Prime bumblebee looking like the camaro from the TF1/TF2 toy line. TF Prime starscream being a fusion cross between the animated & live action movie designs. and the list goes on.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Postby Mirage » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:17 pm

I think you're confusing "caricaturized" with "stylized". If that STYLE doesn't work for you, you're not alone. But I don't think it's fair to characterize Animated as a parody of the other segments of Transformers when it obviously isn't. If anything, it tries (and succeeds, at most levels) to pay homage to the Transformers brand as a whole. And as far as the "smiley" faces, I actually own most of the Animated toys, and looking at my shelf, the only ones smiling are the Bumblebees, Wreck-Gar, and Swindle, with Starscream and his clones doing the trademark smirk. The facial expressions are just to give that added boost of personality present in the series.

As far as toy quality, the Animated line was about even with Classics/Universe/Generations, I'd say. There's a few figures that could've used better execution, but most of them succeed at bringing to life a hyper-stylized robot AND a solid vehicle. No easy task, and the engineers really outdid themselves with some of these figures. Lockdown and Blurr, in particular, are amazing.
I disappear.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Postby Tigermegatron » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:58 am

Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Postby Tigermegatron » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Postby Mirage » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:44 pm

I'd say "TF: Prime" is really more of an effort to blend the Animated style with some movie elements. In my opinion, the results are a pretty mixed bag. But I wouldn't say there's anything "pre-schoolish" about them. That obviously isn't Hasbro's intention, anyway, as they've got "Rescue Bots" coming out for the younger kids, complete with a TV series. And the Prime series at least TRIES to present itself as being more geared toward older viewers. Didn't you see the first episode? Cliffjumper DIES, comes back a zombie, gets cut in half and then blown up! Mind you, I'm not saying these things actually MAKE the series more mature, but I think it's their attempt to show us what they're going for with this series. *cough*shockvalue*cough*... :roll:
I disappear.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Postby JediTricks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am

Gears, springs, motion gimmicks, those aren't what made Transformers the brand that it is. While the recent automorph concept stuck as a concept, the mech alive one really flopped. Animated isn't about the newest gimmicks, or toys that play with themselves, it's about expressing the stylized concepts of the show in a way that streamlines detail without sacrificing character. Look at the most automorph, gimmick-laden Animated figure and you'll see one of the line's biggest failures, that of Voyager-class Starscream, whose gears and such only serve to make a bulky, unattractive vehicle mode and a difficult, fragile bot mode.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Postby Tigermegatron » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

PreviousNext

Return to TF: Animated