SDCC animated news

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
onslaught86

Re: SDCC animated news

Post by onslaught86 »

While there's a line, I think it speaks highly of a show's writers that they're able to acknowledge the tropes and cliches that their show falls into, and mock them. Especially so when it's a product-driven show, and aspects of it are controlled by said product's marketing team. See: Cybertron Prime transforming or combining in every single episode, and the dub poking fun at this.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Or they could, oh I dunno, avoid the bad writing. If nothing else, consistently saying, "Yeah, I know this is crap", begs the question of why the hell you are still producting it then.

Dom
-at least it is not self-reverential.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Even the best of shows fall into the traps of the medium, especially when forced to do so by the powers that be. Take Beast Wars as a great example, and how painful its third season became when every episode featured "Look at this exciting new toy!"
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I still haven't written up my TF SDCC article for ActionFigs.com, I am not sure what to do with these notes. But Blurr really impressed me a lot, and Shockwave/Longarm was nifty as well. The audience wasn't feeling Swindle there though.

Dom, this is the ANIMATED thread, get your shit together buddy. ;)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Really? No Swindle love? But the chaingun! The chaingun!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:Really? No Swindle love? But the chaingun! The chaingun!
Swindle, the dais said it was a favorite of one of the guys up there, Eric S., and you could hear a pin drop there was so much "who cares" feeling in there. The problem is they had Blurr right before and that image just floored people. The audience was blown away with Shockwave/Longarm, which at first most folks thought were 2 different figures, and then when it was revealed they were the same guy folks went wild.

BTW, I'm the one who asked about the Sideshow collaboration, someone asked it in the Sideshow panel on Thursday and got a very sexy "no comment" from Sideshow, but when I asked the Hasbro TF team, you would think I asked about fuckin' Transformers Toilet Paper for the way they responded.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

The problem is they had Blurr right before and that image just floored people.
Really? Blurr? I'm pretty unexcited by him, he's just kinda there and blue. Neat, sure, but nothing particularly revolutionary. And he has no chaingun.
Guess it's just my preference for Decepticon trucks over Autobot cars.
when I asked the Hasbro TF team, you would think I asked about fuckin' Transformers Toilet Paper for the way they responded.
Huh. What're they like in person, then?
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

I agree with ya o86, Swindle is right up there with Shockwave. Blurr is just kinda... ehh.

And if it's Eric's favorite, that's awesome. I met Eric at BotCon 2007, really nice guy whose enthusiasm for Transformers was barely matched by most of the fans.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:Really? Blurr? I'm pretty unexcited by him, he's just kinda there and blue. Neat, sure, but nothing particularly revolutionary. And he has no chaingun.
Guess it's just my preference for Decepticon trucks over Autobot cars.
You're in the minority, Swindle was a lull between interesting things for that audience.

I think Blurr looks kickass though.
Huh. What're they like in person, then?
I dunno, it was treated like a real outsider question which I thought sucked because up until then they had answered any dumbfuck question like it mattered, then I step up and it's like "no idea what you're talking about, but we wouldn't deal with that anyway. whatever", it was Archer who answered me too, IIRC.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:You're in the minority, Swindle was a lull between interesting things for that audience.
Clearly the minority, then, yes. Of course, we're both big Combaticon fans by default, so.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.