Leader class on clearance at Target

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Leader class on clearance at Target

Post by JediTricks »

Yesterday, I picked up a lonely Ultra Magnus at the Target store in Van Nuys, CA, for $27 and change, down from $44.

Today, I saw Bulkhead for $29 and change at Target West LA, down from $41 (Targets in LA aren't very consistent in their pricing).

My guess is the pricepoint is going to be on clearance at most Targets by this Friday, assuming they have any stock left.

Ultra Magnus is pretty cool, but if I had paid full price, I don't think it would have earned that. It's kinda small and not that well articulated. It'd be a fantastic Ultra (pun not intended), but the bar for Leader class has been set pretty high for the last few years.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Re: Leader class on clearance at Target

Post by onslaught86 »

They never released Ultra Magnus here, annoyingly. Animated sold so poorly that we've missed out on the tail end of the line. Shame really, was hoping to get him - and his Roadbuster repaint to give a new head.

Never got Leader Bulkhead, he looked weak.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Heh. A friend of mine took me by Wal-Mart late one night after I'd been into the whiskey. Also, I was excited about handling some of my more extreme debts, and meant to celebrate by picking up Waspinator or Blurr. Well, they didn't have either, so somehow, for me, that translated into "I should get the biggest damn TF they have in here" in my mind. Which is how I wound up with an Ultra Magnus. True fact: when I've been drinking, I don't want to have my moneys anymore.

I like him a lot, though, so it's okay. Full-priced, even, and I ever so rarely get Leader size figures full price.

Meanwhile, I totally missed all the Leaders at the Targets around here. Hopefully, I can still find Megatron in his proper colors at Wal-Mart at some point.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

138 Scourge wrote:Heh. A friend of mine took me by Wal-Mart late one night after I'd been into the whiskey. Also, I was excited about handling some of my more extreme debts, and meant to celebrate by picking up Waspinator or Blurr. Well, they didn't have either, so somehow, for me, that translated into "I should get the biggest damn TF they have in here" in my mind. Which is how I wound up with an Ultra Magnus. True fact: when I've been drinking, I don't want to have my moneys anymore.
Scourge, m'man, I just don't say it enough. You rule. Muahaha.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

onslaught86 wrote:
Scourge, m'man, I just don't say it enough. You rule. Muahaha.
D'awwww...thanks, bro, right back atcha!

So tempted to sig that one...
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I picked up Leader Megs at TRU on Friday for $20 down from $40 thanks to TRU extending their doorbuster prices for the full day.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

So, you guys have a lil' shop called "Tuesday Morning" in your respective areas? The place can be a dang ol' goldmine on occasion. Wandered into one a couple weeks back and found Leader Bulkhead for twenty bucks.

You never can say for sure what they'll have in there, but it's worth checking out if you happen to be near one. They also have some fun KOs on occasion, so there's that, too.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

wait, is THAT what those shops are? I assumed it was just potpourri and precious moments crap.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

donosaur wrote:wait, is THAT what those shops are? I assumed it was just potpourri and precious moments crap.
And you assume right, for the most part. But sometimes the neat toys are buried in all that stuff.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

We don't have any around here, but we do have a similar place called Ollie's. If there's a new one opening up, you need to get your ass over there, because they're surely going to have tons of old stuff--one opened back during Cybertron in 2005, and there were TONS of old toys from Armada/Energon and stuff, on *deep* discounts. Energon Ultras for $15! I was only ever able to go the one time, though, during that opening bit, and when I next returned they had nothing.

Now most of what they have are old Robot Heroes and the Legends two-packs from the first movie. (Still debating picking up that Scorpy/OldBee pack...)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.