[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
TF Views • View topic - Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.

Re: Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Postby Onslaught Six » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:51 am

Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Postby Shockwave » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:53 am

Yeah, I think we can probably infer that rather reasonably, but they never *actually explained it*.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Postby andersonh1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:01 pm

So is it time to "archive" this section since Animated is essentially done?
andersonh1

Postby Onslaught Six » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Not as long as there's toys to come out. I assume that whenever we get the next cartoon, this'll get archived, likely in the other section.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Postby Shockwave » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 am

That and we can also still debate when/if we'll ever get Season 3 on DVD.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Postby Onslaught Six » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:48 am

Yeah, what's the deal with that? I feel bad for anyone who really liked the show and wanted all of it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Postby andersonh1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:39 pm

I finished watching season 3, FINALLY, now that it's out on DVD. I enjoyed the season more than the others, due to less human villains and more of the ongoing Transformer storylines. I was never a big fan of the designs, but they grew on me, and I love all the references to olders shows with the character cameos. Poor Blurr, crushed into a cube by Shockwave. And how awesome is it that Shockwave has his G1 voice? I could easily watch a few more seasons of this show. It's one of the most well-written series since the beast era, filler eps aside. I wasn't a big fan of the Human Error two-parter, but I thought by and large there were more episodes that worked for me and less that didn't this time around.
andersonh1

Postby JediTricks » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:07 pm

At Botcon, Marty Isenberg reiterated the ideas for season 4, and the more I think about it, the more I'm glad it didn't come to pass. I'm sure it would have been great, season 3 was really good for the most part, but having Megatron just escape again seems so generic, it totally undercuts the way season 3. Beast Wars at least waited until a new series before pulling that cheap card and they didn't even get a planet-wide heroes welcome.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Postby Onslaught Six » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:05 pm

Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Postby andersonh1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:40 pm

andersonh1

PreviousNext

Return to TF: Animated