Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:I don't have a counterargument for this. Simply acknowledge that you are wrong and that Metalocalypse is awesome, and I will forgive you.
That's not going to happen. :P
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Venture Bros.?
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Sparky Prime wrote:Something else of interest along these lines... The Autobots apparently have no idea what happened to Yokotron and claim no one has seen him in years. Later we find out Prowl was present at his death. So does that mean Prowl covered up Yokotron's death?
I assume, since Prowl brought him back to life, he either said nothing to the others out of shame at Yoketron reprimanding him for it, or Yoketron disappeared again later.
At any rate, "Five Servos of Doom" was a really good episode. George Takei was the perfect choice for Yokotron. Actually a little disappointed they killed him off. Would have been cool to see more of the character. Nice to finally get a back story for Prowl. And we found out about Lockdown's past as well.
I agree, I'd been waiting on the inevitable Prowl Episode ever since we heard they'd planned origin stories for all the main characters.
Cool to see the premier of Jetfire and Jetstorm, although I'm not a big fan of their voices. It's just totally they opposite of what I was expecting.
Without ramming it down your throat, I really did expect them to speak like that, and it is conveyed through the dialogue in the comic. Perceptor's is harder since that's just tone, the twins have a few words thrown in here and there that initially struck me as poor editing, then as clever editing. It's a nod to the 'Flying Brothers' trapeze act cliche from various circuses, I dare say the resemblence to Metalocalypse's Toki and Skwisgaar is mostly unintentional. Although I'd be rather impressed if it wasn't.

Metalocalypse really is an acquired taste, to say the least, so I'm not surprised it isn't your thing. One requires a fairly extensive knowledge of metal music to get most of the injokes, and it's often very dry humour that takes repeat screenings to find funny.

I'm curious now, what did you expect the twins to sound like?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

onslaught86 wrote:I assume, since Prowl brought him back to life, he either said nothing to the others out of shame at Yoketron reprimanding him for it, or Yoketron disappeared again later.
Did you miss the part where Yoketron's spark still extinguished even after Prowl placed it in the new protoform body?
Without ramming it down your throat, I really did expect them to speak like that, and it is conveyed through the dialogue in the comic

I'm curious now, what did you expect the twins to sound like?
I just don't get that impression from the parts of the comic I've read. Sure they speak a bit of a broken English but it appears to me to be more solid than what it is in the cartoon. Really, the impression I get (and was expecting) is that they're just young goofs, not so much foreign young goofs.
donosaur wrote:Venture Bros.?
Now that is a good show on Adult Swim.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Sparky Prime wrote:Did you miss the part where Yoketron's spark still extinguished even after Prowl placed it in the new protoform body?
You beat me to it, but yeah, I was gonna mention this too, '86.
Now that is a good show on Adult Swim.[/quote]
I like both Metalocalyps and Venture Bros., for what it's worth.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

SHO NUFF!

...Wait, Jetstorm is meant to represent *wind*? Huh.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I came across a few scans I still disagree the comics don't necessarily give a clear indication of voice. Case-in-point with Perceptor especially. At any rate, yeah I hate the style of Animated.
And....Sparky and I actually agree on something. Wow.

I am mostly skipping TFA for the same reason.

I am getting regular summaries from a friend of mine who calls me every Saturday after the episode ends. While his daughter messily eats her lunch, he keeps me up to speed.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It really is worth watching, if you can get past the animation style. I actually like it, but I don't think it translates very well to the toys.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

I THINK IT IS ALLLLLLL GOOD.

Actually, I haven't read any of the comics, which is pretty much par for the course for me.
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, the only comic they were in is the pack-in one with the toys, so.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.