Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Post by 138 Scourge »

onslaught86 wrote:I'm really glad they went that route. Directly translating the show into comics seems a ridiculous waste of resource, since the audience is essentially..Dom. Heh.

Plus, we get Oil Slick as a comics-only character, and that will surely cement him as a semi-obscure Fan Favourite. Apparently there's a few comics-only human characters originally intended for the show, too.
New human characters? More supervillians?

I really expected more supervillians in the show proper. Needless to say, I loved the SUV...though I wish Meltdown had been a member.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

I saw this on /toy/ and lol'd.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Does that mean Bumblebee's going to die in a warehouse explosion, and that's what causes Longarm to become the eeeeeeevil Shockwave?

Okay, the insinuations there cement the fact that I've been spending *way* too much time on DevArt...
onslaught86 wrote:Plus, we get Oil Slick as a comics-only character, and that will surely cement him as a semi-obscure Fan Favourite.
Aw, but I'd heard the show people liked him, and were gonna put him in? I was hopin'...
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Aw, but I'd heard the show people liked him, and were gonna put him in? I was hopin'...
Guess we can but hope, though I'm thinking the show roster's looking a little full as-is. At least, judging by what they've said on the VA budget. Sigh.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

BWprowl wrote:Does that mean Bumblebee's going to die in a warehouse explosion, and that's what causes Longarm to become the eeeeeeevil Shockwave?

Okay, the insinuations there cement the fact that I've been spending *way* too much time on DevArt...
I think Wasp is supposed to be the Joker, and elite guard Bumblebee is Batman...
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I know the first issue "Arrival" ships this week, so we shall see how the non-show "Animated" comic unfolds.

Dom
-likes the adapted episodes as well.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

CrossRook wrote:I think Wasp is supposed to be the Joker, and elite guard Bumblebee is Batman...
What's the deal with that Elite Guard Bumblebee anyhow? Some sort of 'What If?' toy?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

BWprowl wrote:
CrossRook wrote:I think Wasp is supposed to be the Joker, and elite guard Bumblebee is Batman...
What's the deal with that Elite Guard Bumblebee anyhow? Some sort of 'What If?' toy?

Best I can figure, yeah. Seems a shame, though, they way coulda done a Wasp repaint I don't know who woulda bitched about it.

Wait, this is fandom, there would've been someone.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Frankly, I'm hoping Wasp gets based on Activator Bumblebee. Because, well, I like that toy a lot better. And it's to scale, nyeh.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

We 'are' getting ActiJumper with snazzy new headsculpt. I'ma be all over that, though I wanna know why ActiJumper gets the new head and ClaJumper didn't.

Hopefully Deluxe Wasp'll come along and convince me that DeluxeBee is worthwhile.