Transformers Animated issue 5

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Transformers Animated issue 5

Post by Dominic »

Transformers Arrival #5: (Again, I am getting sick of endless "sub-titles" on comics. The fact I like to colons to separate titles from reviews, using them in the titles of the books would just be cumbersome.) In contrast to last issue having one good and one bad story, this issue has two passable, if formulaic, stories. The first is a slight variant on the "use a dream sequence to justify something in context" trick. The second is an excuse to get a few characters brawling. The first story is notable primarily for the fact that it show even the official artists are not completely sure how to draw pre-Earth Megatron's alternate mode. (I have the toy in question, and it is impossible to even get the toy to look even remotely like it does in this issue.) The second has some verbal "Easter Eggs" that will probably get far too much praise and attention from some quarters.
Grade: B/C I am a bit more forgiving of this book, as it is clearly intended for newer younger readers. Accessability is weighted more heavily than other factors here.