Jetfire and Jetstorm images!

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: Jetfire and Jetstorm images!

Post by Gomess »

The combined form should clearly be called Equinox.

Or Firestorm, if you wanna be less clever.

*Prepares sarcastic voice*

Ahem.

"I wonder if they'll have fire and ice powers in the show!"

The sarcasm is enormous. There is no escaping. Jumping is useless!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

FORCEFIELD!

Yeah, I'm kinda hopeful, but it's really not what I was hoping for in the first place. Ah well.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:Some people are theorizing that either the flame/ice things spread out more, or there are detachable wings inside the packaging that the hasbro photographer forgot to put on. I'm hoping for the latter.
I've read that as well, and they look like they they should have some wings there. All in all they're not terrible, but I'm wondering why we can get a combiner like this and not a set of 5 or six constucticons.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Not a fan of the "leg arms" of the combined form but the composite styled robot mode combo is interesting. Really like how they look individually, although they seem to be missing hands...
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I'm with o86 on this, although I don't even think we have an American version of "naff" in our vernacular ("unfashionable is what the dictionary gave me, thanks a bunch). At first I was really excited, but after a moment of study these look extremely simplistic - like "can't sell each one individually at the $10 pricepoint" simplistic. And the combined modes kinda look like something Voltron II (aka Gladiators Voltron) would puke out sideways.

Flame wings probably wouldn't change my mind on these, but it'd help those rather unfortunate alt modes which scream "hey, we stood a robot upright and folded their arms and legs together!".

Anybody notice the world of suck that is those hip joints? I've never seen anything like that, hips attached to the hip armor instead of the lower torso.

Anyway, all that said, I can actually see myself buying this for the concept and play factor, it reminds me of the old days of TF when stuff could get away with sucking.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

JediTricks wrote:it reminds me of the old days of TF when stuff could get away with sucking.
Maybe that's what they were going for here JT. Still they're not the worst I've seen from this franchise.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Derrick J. Wyatt has posted on his blog that those guys are horribly mistransformed, all three robot modes DO have hands, the flames/ice blades do rotate out in their vehicle modes to form wings, and their combined vehicle mode actually moves parts around so that it looks a bit like an X-Wing. I'm guessing someone'll have their hands on the toys in a few months. Also, if you think that their robot mode combination is weird... maybe you need to check out GaoGaiGar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dQGcVS1ewA
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Nonono, GGG is boss. It has the military fembot version of these guys, and they *work*! I am yet to be sold on the Jet- Bros.!

And actually now I think Jetstorm should have a water theme, rather than ice. Is ice really instantly associated with the word "storm"? Any more than water?

...I guess ice IS just solid water.

I got nothin'! Awaiting more pics! ^3^
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Well, how can you have water wings?

Then again, how can you have fire wings? Plasma is even less dense than liquid.

Still. AISEBLADEZ.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:Derrick J. Wyatt has posted on his blog that those guys are horribly mistransformed, all three robot modes DO have hands, the flames/ice blades do rotate out in their vehicle modes to form wings, and their combined vehicle mode actually moves parts around so that it looks a bit like an X-Wing.
Good to know. Sounds like they'll look a lot better if transformed correctly.