"Screwing Around"

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: "Screwing Around"

Post by Tigermegatron »

Personally,Cartoon network is th worst network to air newer cartoon episodes. Cartoon network likes to over promote & over run all the garbage stuff while the great stuff gets under-promoted & under re-run.

Cartoon Network likes to over promote/over re-run all the in house stuff they personally create,basically it's anything created by the CN animation studio,writers & talent. Everything else gets the shaft.

Clearly the Various Nick network & the various Disney networks are the best network to air newer cartoons/live shows series. As these networks over promote/over re-run the stuff to the extreme levels.

I think the Hub network is doing a great job with their handling of cartoons/live shows series as far as giving them all decent air times,time slots that make sense for the particular cartoon/live series. decent re-runs & beyond decent over promoting. THE NEGATIVES I GIVE THE HUB IS THEIR AWFUL/OUTDATED SELECTION CHOICES FOR THEIR NIGHT TIME LIVE SITCOMS SHOWS.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

HUB isn't doing any better. New episodes of both Prime and MLP: FIM only air once and don't get reran until months later and take for EVER to get put up on Comcast ondemand. Sure, I could watch it online but why the fuck should I have to? I don't like watching tv online, I only have a 16 inch monitor and every site that has it to view seems to pixelate or has some other damned technical problem. I'd much rather watch it clearly on my nice big 52" flatscreen in the living room. I mean seriously, do they not want people to watch these shows or what?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Shockwave wrote:HUB isn't doing any better. New episodes of both Prime and MLP: FIM only air once and don't get reran until months later and take for EVER to get put up on Comcast ondemand. Sure, I could watch it online but why the fuck should I have to? I don't like watching tv online, I only have a 16 inch monitor and every site that has it to view seems to pixelate or has some other damned technical problem. I'd much rather watch it clearly on my nice big 52" flatscreen in the living room. I mean seriously, do they not want people to watch these shows or what?
All Four episodes from season 3 of TF Prime/Beast Hunters Has aired 6 times already on the Hub Newtork. Currently newer episodes of TF Prime air on Friday EST at 7:30,Then the newer episode gets re-run on Saturday EST at 1:00 pm. Then that newer episode of TF Prime gets a 2nd re-run next Friday at EST 7:00 PM. Due to the One month Hiatus break,Each of the four TFP/BH season 3 episodes ran again on Fridays at 7:30 EST PM,Then a encore was shown on Saturday at 1:00 pm est,Then another re-run was shown on next friday at 7:00 PM EST----> THIS IS ALL SIX TIMES THUS FAR THAT EACH TFP/BH SEASON 3 EPISODE ONE THRU FOUR HAS AIRED ON THE HUB NETWORK.

As far as TFP Seasons one thru 3 go on the hub network they follow the same forumla of repeative airing/re-runs on the hub network like BH Season 3 does. I'd safelt speculate each TFP season one thru 3 episodes each repeated well over 6 times on the hub network.

The hub in a few weeks is bound to have another hiatus break,this will repeat most BH episodes on the hub. The hub will also have a marathon of all the BH episodes when the series is near the final episode & then done.

Having episodes air on-line is a courtesy to some,this is a positive & not a negative.

most cable/satelite/on-demand packages have a video on demand thing,which allows viewers to watch episodes they missed. Newer episodes usually appear on-demand a few days after they first aired on cable/satelite.

get something equivalent to whatever your cable/satelite provider calls TIVO. which allows viewers to record programs they missed & then watch them later. If you don't want to spend the extra cash monthly for Tivo or it's equivalent then record the Newer TF Prime episode using a VHS or DVD machine.
Last edited by Tigermegatron on Wed May 15, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Shockwave wrote:HUB isn't doing any better. New episodes of both Prime and MLP: FIM only air once and don't get reran until months later and take for EVER to get put up on Comcast ondemand. Sure, I could watch it online but why the fuck should I have to? I don't like watching tv online, I only have a 16 inch monitor and every site that has it to view seems to pixelate or has some other damned technical problem. I'd much rather watch it clearly on my nice big 52" flatscreen in the living room. I mean seriously, do they not want people to watch these shows or what?
Currently newer episodes of TF Prime air on Friday EST at 7:30,Then the newer episode gets re-run on Saturday EST at 1:00 pm. Then that newer episode of TF Prime gets a 2nd re-run next Friday at EST 7:00 PM.

Having episodes air on-line is a courtesy to some,this is a positive & not a negative.

most cable/satelite/on-demand packages have a video on demand thing,which allows viewers to watch episodes they missed. Newer episodes usually appear on-demand a few days after they first aired on cable/satelite.

get something equivalent to whatever your cable/satelite provider calls TIVO. which allows viewers to record programs they missed & then watch them later. If you don't want to spend the extra cash monthly for Tivo or it's equivalent then record the Newer TF Prime episode using a VHS or DVD machine.
I've been checking the last few Saturdays and... nothing. Not a single rerun. Also, the times are Eastern, here on the west coast that works out to 4:30pm and I'm still at work then. Most on demand shows are available shortly after they air but the fourth episode of BH was just loaded on there last week in spite of it airing more than three weeks ago. And new MLP still has yet to be on there at all. It's a pretty poor showing on Hasbro's part.

I do appreciate the suggestions, and yeah, I could get some sort of dvr, but right now that would be cost prohibitive. I might just break down and watch them online if I really feel like it.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

What sort of gaming console do you have? I know both XBox and PS3 can stream Youtube videos, and they even automatically upscale them to HD if available. So long as you could find the relevant TFPrime or MLP episodes on Youtube in 720p or 1080p, you'd be able to stream them on your TV/console no worse for wear.

Alternative, torrent/download the episodes you want to watch, and use a media server to stream them from your computer to your console/television. I haven't watched a downloaded show on my computer screen since like January, and HD Tokusatsu downloads look pretty nice on my big people TV.

How long's it take for these things to hit Netflix?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

360. I suppose I could look on there and see if they have it. Otherwise I might try torrents. But still, what a pain in the ass when Hasbro should just be putting these things ondemand on cable like every other channel out there ever. I might call and complain to Hasbro.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That kind of thing might actually cost money. Comcast sucks.

Rule of thumb: Don't pay for television, period.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote:HUB isn't doing any better. New episodes of both Prime and MLP: FIM only air once and don't get reran until months later and take for EVER to get put up on Comcast ondemand.
I'd actually say the Hub does a lot better than Cartoon Network. I see plenty of commercials for Transformers Prime fairly regularly, which they even air on other channels. And it does seem like they play re-runs often enough to me. In fact, this Friday it looks like they are rerunning the first 4 episodes of Beast Hunters season before they play the next new episode.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:If it had ONLY been a delay, I could have lived, but a delay followed by cancellation is unconscionable. I haven't heard about the Amethyst short animation student issue yet, can't wait to hear what else the captains of faceplanting have done now.
Just to quickly recap it for you because it genuinely pisses me off so much: The Amethyst short that's currently running in bits between DC Nation's shows was originally scheduled to run with them back in October of last year, before the infamous surprise hiatus. The short was the first 'big break' for the animation student who had produced it, and she was actually due to be nominated for an Annie (animation award, kinda like Oscars or Golden Globes but dedicated to animated content), but because Cartoon Network pulled the plug at the last possible second and didn't air the short within that year, she was disqualified for the nomination.

As I said, hearing about that is what really tore it for me.
That's a bummer, but I can see that being purely about being one of the "little things" that got caught up in a bigger business decision rather than anything else. It's frustrating for sure, but I doubt they were really focusing getting nominated for awards.
IMO, it made no sense for Cartoon Network, a company OWNED BY WARNER BROTHERS WHO ALSO OWNS DC COMICS, to not promote these shows and the DC brands better... or at all, really. The lack of mid-week reruns was ridiculous, they put on 17 hours of repetitive garbage throughout the daytime hours in the week but can't find one extra slot for Young Justice?!? "Let's play 75 episodes of Johnny Test and Gumball, then go out for happy hour!"
For the record, I really like Gumball, but Johnny Test can go eat all the dicks in the world.

It's also worth noting that Mattel's pathetic management of the Young Justice toyline certainly didn't help the show's not getting torpedoed.
I don't really have a strong opinion about Gumball and Johnny Test because I don't watch 'em, but they don't seem good enough to create giant day-eating blocks instead of replaying quality content.

Yeah, Mattel's mismanagement of the line was amazingly bad, and the line's failure was cited as a reason.

Sparky wrote:Yeah, it would be great if they actually aired re-runs mid-week. Give people a chance to catch an episode they may have missed on the weekend, with out waiting who knows when they might air an episode again. Be nice to see some more promotion for the series as well. I swear, sometimes it's like Cartoon Network is trying to make shows fail with how poorly they handle them.
It's utter nonsense, they don't build audience at all, the lack of reruns alone is baffling when that was the main marketing technique for these shows just a few years ago, didn't even need to advertise, just put them on after school and kids watch and then buy product tie-ins. Kids didn't even seem to mind that the shows were in perpetual reruns most of the time. CN has the "not advertising" part right, but forgot the "airing when kids would watch" part. Even the Hub has that part right!
Yeah, there's that too. I've only ever seen a handful of the Young Justice toys at Toys R Us. I honestly don't think any other stores even had them in my area.
My Targets had a bunch of the smaller JLU-style figure 2packs, mostly Aqualad and Aquaman, of course all the Robin & Batman sets were poached though.

Yeah, the Hub has the airing reruns part right, but they barely air new content. And sending folks to online is weak sauce, sell your advertisers' sponsored content first and foremost, that's your job as a tv network.

The size of the monitor doesn't exactly matter as much as how close you're sitting to it. My 4.3" phone screen is viewed as big as my 42" tv when it's only a few inches from my face. The online quality is low usually though (although here it's not in HD so the online quality may be closer than I'd like).

BWP wrote:How long's it take for these things to hit Netflix?
They usually don't hit until after the DVDs come out.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:
BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:If it had ONLY been a delay, I could have lived, but a delay followed by cancellation is unconscionable. I haven't heard about the Amethyst short animation student issue yet, can't wait to hear what else the captains of faceplanting have done now.
Just to quickly recap it for you because it genuinely pisses me off so much: The Amethyst short that's currently running in bits between DC Nation's shows was originally scheduled to run with them back in October of last year, before the infamous surprise hiatus. The short was the first 'big break' for the animation student who had produced it, and she was actually due to be nominated for an Annie (animation award, kinda like Oscars or Golden Globes but dedicated to animated content), but because Cartoon Network pulled the plug at the last possible second and didn't air the short within that year, she was disqualified for the nomination.

As I said, hearing about that is what really tore it for me.
That's a bummer, but I can see that being purely about being one of the "little things" that got caught up in a bigger business decision rather than anything else. It's frustrating for sure, but I doubt they were really focusing getting nominated for awards.
It wasn't about the company getting an award--it was about the animation student.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.