New ranks

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

New ranks

Post by JediTricks »

I've created some ranks based on post counts. There's no multiple paths here unfortunately so it's just the same for everybody. It's not all that clever and they're not especially brilliant, and "gestalt combiner" was more about my chuckling than anything. These are likely temporary, but who knows. Anybody want to see anything else instead of basically just the pricepoint classes? (I refuse to use "scout" or "voyager" as class names, they're crappy, and I didn't use "leader" because that'd be confusing.)
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: New ranks

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hmmm....

Instrument of Destruction? As a nice lil' play on the ol' "Emperor", kinda? There's fun to be had with the other song titles on the 80's soundtrack, too...

These ranking systems are always kinda entertaining. I remember thinking it was kinda awesome the day I broke "Emperor" on the ol' boards. So this suits me right down to the ground. Especially since I am currently a Dinobot. Scourge Smash and set on Fire!!!
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

Oooh, Ultra. Nifty.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I've used this board software on other forums, and they allow custom titles in addition to these ones. Any chance we could get that? I feel kind of naked without "Oozing of Onslaughttitude" under my avatar.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I definitely am not ready to do custom rank titles, I think it looks very messy and doesn't tell users much of anything. I mean, it's not a rank anymore if it just says whatever, nobody salutes a guy when he goes from Colonel to Partypooper. ;)

As for the rank path, I am trying to keep it balanced so it's not too much "good guy" or "bad guy" titles. The Dinobots were just thrown in there because people think they're cool no matter what, but it's the only one that's gone there so far. I dunno, I'm still taking ideas right now, so keep 'em coming.

BTW Scourge, how ever did you get that nifty Purple color for your username? Hint hint.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:I definitely am not ready to do custom rank titles, I think it looks very messy and doesn't tell users much of anything. I mean, it's not a rank anymore if it just says whatever, nobody salutes a guy when he goes from Colonel to Partypooper. ;)
Hrm. I seem to be mistaken, then. I must've been thinking of some other forum software that allowed both custom titles and regular titles. Perhaps NMZ.

BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote:

BTW Scourge, how ever did you get that nifty Purple color for your username? Hint hint.
I've been meaning to ask about that. It is pretty awesome. I'm guessing it's something to do with being in the Decepticon group?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Osix, doesn't look like our type of layout, could be a different version or a hack.

Scourge, yeah, that's an interesting theory. :mrgreen:
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

True story: When I came over here yesternight, I saw the purple and thought "What the---am I banned?"

I had also been up for about twenty-four hours at that point, too, so I wasn't thinking real clearly.

Now I just assume I get the purple just because I'm cool. :D
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:Osix, doesn't look like our type of layout, could be a different version or a hack.
Never seen it done Osix before, usually I stick with O6. Oh well.

It's not this software at all, I forget what it was. Clearly, what I was thinking isn't possible with this. Oh well.