main page and forums were down this morning

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

main page and forums were down this morning

Post by Dominic »

This happened around 9:30 or 10am this morning. All I could get was a "page not found" message.

Just letting you know.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: main page and forums were down this morning

Post by 138 Scourge »

I ran into this, too. It happened again at around ten o' clock at night over here. All I got was a page saying the domain name had expired. Obviously, problem seems to be fixed now, so yeah.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: main page and forums were down this morning

Post by JediTricks »

My apologies about today's downtime. Although I thought I had paid the domain last month, it appears tfv got overlooked in the process. I know I had started because some other domains didn't expire today. I just have been too frazzled during this move, and let this fall through the cracks. Anyway, as soon as I was made aware of the problem, I renewed and the domain had to re-propagate to everybody's name servers, which is different from ISP to ISP, so some folks saw the site quicker than others, while chumps like me had to wait until after 12am.

Well, that's really all there is to say. Actually, I could have sent out the dns via email, but it would have been its own hassle. Thanks for sticking by us here at tfv.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?