Another little update now done

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Another little update now done

Post by JediTricks »

I took the board offline while nobody was shown as logged in just now to do a quick update. I've been waiting for weeks to do it but someone always barges in just as I'm about to pull the trigger. :p

Anyway, looks like the only thing that I still need to do is put the header file back in place, but as ever, if you see something that looks not right, LMK.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Re: Another little update now done

Post by andersonh1 »

Heh... I was actually on during my lunch hour at the library when you did the update. But I couldn't log in there, so you got lucky. :lol:
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Ha! I figured it wasn't the best time, but it's challenging to find a time that works just right for everybody. I knew it'd be a quickie update, the downtime was really short, like 2 minutes, so I figured even if someone was reading, they wouldn't miss out too much, it can take that long to read 1 page of a thread.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hey, if you ever want to do that again and the only other person online is me, go ahead and pull the trigger; I know I won't be terribly worried if the board suddenly breaks while I'm on it. I'll just move on to the next site in the rounds.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

The concern is that someone tries to submit a post while I'm doing that, and it gets lost. I know I sure hate when that happens. The way I did it, the system lets me know if someone's logged in, which I *think* is the only way to start a post window.