formal motion to ban

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: formal motion to ban

Post by Dominic »

I get the feeling that Yee did not really want to host a forum, but did so because it was simply "how it was done". Look at his forums now. It almost seems that he made it hard for people to register so he would not have to deal with it. And yeah, the forums disapparing was a kick in the balls.

I remember Kitty. Some of her ideas might have been workable, but not on a line-wide basis.

Dom
-and lets not even talk about that furry guy. Seriously, lets not.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Synjo is recent enough that he need not be discussed.

Kittie Rose actually ended up going to ATT after we banished her. That got messy since ATT is Usenet and thus there's no administrative action period. (Deathy still brings her up from time to time and makes terrible jokes about her. Kittie may have had problems but it's not justifiable to mock her--mock, not discuss or reminisce about--when she's not around to defend herself.)
BWprowl wrote:Hey, you and me both. The least he coulda done was given us some warning, or found a way to keep the forums running while he rebuilt the main site. I mean, he did *know* we were there, didn't he?
Considering the Great Spambot Invasion, I don't know if he actually did.
RUINATION was the adamantly atheist guy who (and I say this as an atheist myself) offended just about everybody with the sheer insensitivity, doesn't-belong-here-itude of many of his comments/topics.
YES! I remember now! Oh man was that guy offensive, and I'm me so you know he must've been offensive. I think he was also CatSCAN, if I'm not mistaken.

This has made me nostalgia enough to go Wayback Machine the old forums and see what I could get:
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200408 ... om/forums/
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:This has made me nostalgia enough to go Wayback Machine the old forums and see what I could get:
http://replay.waybackmachine.org/200408 ... om/forums/
Haha, oh wow. JT thought Classics Insecticons would be a cool idea, we were all excited for Titaniums, we handily predicted Classics redoing a bunch of the Mini-Vehicles (at a smaller price point even), I just ran across Ground Zero of Thundergate, and Dom and Sparky are STILL arguing about the BW comics!

Dammit O6, look what you've done! My afternoon!

(Great, now I'm looking at my old sigpic and wondering what I did with a couple of those pictures...)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Wow, I just now found this thread. Anyway, I was originally in favor of banning, but having thought it over, I'm with O6, JT et al. Especially considering that most of the usernames are ones I recognize as legitimate different ones over at TFW. And I would hate to deny anyone the oportunity to join and contribute to our little community.
I remember Kittie Rose! Course, she's about the only one I remember from back then. Besides the ones here obviously. I don't think I was on there very long before the site shut down permanently (about a year or so). Dom just recently told me the story of what happened. I was realllllly annoyed when it went down and after that I pretty much fell off the web until shortly before Scourge found me a couple years ago.

I do remember one user that would always resort to insulting people whenever there was an argument. He had like 600+ posts but most people just ignored him. Can't remember the username though.

Shockwave
-Bustajesse at least came back long enough to give some reasons for his particular vote.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Ah, that would have been Giant Head. Or, by the time you got there he'd probably been banned and come back as BWX Primal.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

bwx Primal, that was him. He was banned shortly after I started posting. Not because of anything I did though.