scaling back

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

scaling back

Post by Dominic »

Between my newly hectic schedule, and a need to save my money. I will be here less in the near future. Besides not having time, I am going to cut back on my phone plan and remove the internet from the phone. This will save me about $25 a month, and effectively turn my smart phone into a well-dressed schlub phone.

Dom
-of course, most of you know where I live and/or have my number.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: scaling back

Post by Gomess »

Hope you're back almost as quickly as I was from hospital! =p I feel bad though, having just invested an extra £25 in MY phone. ><
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ah, I am not leaving. But, my access is going to be scaled back considerably. Honestly, if I could justify the extra $25, I would do so without thinking.

But, I need to cut expenses.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Good luck, bud. Hopefully it'll be like last time, where you thought it'd be more scaling than it did.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

This is also an infrastructure change. My phone will not be able to go online after Monday, as I chucked my data plan. (This is saving me about $30 a month that I would rather hold on to.)

i have a good emount of access at work and school. And, as I am no longer a moderator here, nor even regularly blogging, I have much less need for constant internet access.

Dom
-gonna miss it though.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That just means it'll take us longer (time wise) to debate things like author intent, Autobot morality, and how interchangeable genres are. :lol: I'll probably be scaling back a lot at work (since I'm not reeeeaaaally supposed to be doing that there anyway) since I'm actually focusing on being more effective at my job. This basically just means that there will still be responses they just wont be as quick or as often.

As for phones, I'm going to upgrade mine this week. Probably to something that does have internet access. My carrier has actually told me that I have to upgrade by May 15th or they are terminating my service because I'm on an old network. Also, since my digital camera was stolen in the burglary and most phones now have better cameras in them it's kind of a two-fer.