Weird "skipping" issue

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Weird "skipping" issue

Post by Shockwave »

I also think reading the classics would probably help too. I've been using IE8 at home and have always used IE. I've tried other programs, but mostly I just find that they irritate me. I guess I'm not up to full geek status yet. :geek:
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Motion to take this up in the book thread?

Dom
-dislikes new "Windows" more every day.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:I also think reading the classics would probably help too. I've been using IE8 at home and have always used IE. I've tried other programs, but mostly I just find that they irritate me. I guess I'm not up to full geek status yet. :geek:
Try Opera. It lets you see more of the Internet.

(No seriously, it's got all the crap like bookmarks and other functions compiled into a drop-down menu, so almost the entire window is dedicated to web-page viewing. I swear by this browser.)
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Dominic wrote:-dislikes new "Windows" more every day.
I'm still running Windows XP!
BWprowl wrote:Try Opera. It lets you see more of the Internet.
Since you recommended it, I've just downloaded it to try out, and I'm running it now. I do like the larger window. I always end up turning off the taskbars on IE because there are just so many of them that it cuts down viewing.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JT has been pushing me to get Opera for my phone.

Dom
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

See, sometimes I like being ignorant, because I can only *assume* "Opera" is an internet... thing. But it's funnier to imagine it my way.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:
Shockwave wrote:I also think reading the classics would probably help too. I've been using IE8 at home and have always used IE. I've tried other programs, but mostly I just find that they irritate me. I guess I'm not up to full geek status yet. :geek:

(No seriously, it's got all the crap like bookmarks and other functions compiled into a drop-down menu, so almost the entire window is dedicated to web-page viewing. I swear by this browser.)
Ugh. I *hate* shit like that. No, really. I prefer my menus out here where they're visible. I hated it when Windows Media Player made me hit Alt so I could see File and I hated it on Opera.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:

Oh fuff, hit F11 in Firefox or Chrome (or even *gack* IE8) and you get a fullscreen view of the web, no toolbars. You can also turn off the status bar, URL bar, bookmark bar, whatever you want.

I find Firefox to be a really easy to use browser, at least as easy as IE (and muuuuch faster). It's probably just the fact that things are slightly different that is the annoyance.

Dominic wrote:JT has been pushing me to get Opera for my phone.
That's different, Opera Mini optimizes pages for mobile - lower bandwidth = cheaper, smaller pages and simplified graphics = lighter on the phone processor.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ugh. I *hate* shit like that. No, really. I prefer my menus out here where they're visible. I hated it when Windows Media Player made me hit Alt so I could see File and I hated it on Opera.
Agreed.
That's different, Opera Mini optimizes pages for mobile - lower bandwidth = cheaper, smaller pages and simplified graphics = lighter on the phone processor.
I should probably download it onto my phone before the contract runs out. If nothing else, it will be a good test run.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:
Agreed.
Too many menus confuse users, and as programs add more features they need more menus. You can re-skin WMP to display its classic menus.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?