proposal to restructure the board

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: proposal to restructure the board

Post by Dominic »

I think JT was just calling "Universe" part of "Universe 2". I can get behind that.

Arguably, RiD should go there, as it was the precursor to "Universe".

My arguement for putting RiD in the Beast Era was based on the toy design, and what little context the toys had.

Dom
-wonders about the parts ID section.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

We gave the toys context, though. RID2/MTMTE, baby.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I was talking about toy packaging and cartoon episodes actually.

Dom
-has been meaning to propose a board "Mosiac" series.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:I was talking about toy packaging and cartoon episodes actually.

Dom
-has been meaning to propose a board "Mosiac" series.
I'd be in favour of the Mosaic idea, but the thing is, er, well. It needs art, see.

Unless we just make it a prose thing, in which case, I'm all for it. We did that with Cybertron--instead of a proper RPG, there was only really a bunch of random scraplets and pieces. I can dig that, though, if we decide to do it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Last I checked, "Mosiac" submissions had to be comics. I can see the problem with artists though. I have to scripts I am shopping to artists now.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Creativity board - this thing NEVER got use at Ben's, so I'm going to see if anything gets posted in the gen disc section or anywhere else before deciding.

RiD - is a separate and lesser continuity from Beasties, it'd be an insult to put it there just because it recycled molds from BE. And it was the precursor to Armada's existence, so I'm comfortable for now where it is. It's name-recognized, so I didn't want to just dump it entirely.

Universe - gets really complicated, I didn't want a Universe forum in both The Then and The Now (heh heh, I should have thought how that would get typed out when I made the board), and the name hasn't changed. Like G1 and G2 going together, I figure TF:U forum can carry Universe 1, Classics 1, and UniClassics 2. If not, we can make another board down the road.

Images - please keep in mind that we cannot be too blatant about using show or product imagery for the site's logos, that stuff is actually copyrighted and we have to tread carefully. Not too much, the law allows for "thumbnails", but there is a limit to the types of application I can put on here. I doubt anybody would actually do anything, but you never know these days, these are some litigious times.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I agree about the "Creativity" boards. I am trying to get the "Mosiac" thing running for the hell of it. (I doubt it would create much traffic.)

RiD had contextual ties to the Beast Era as well, even aside from the toy engineering questions. Meanwhile, the Unicron trilogy was both contextually and mechanically different from previous lines.

And, what about the parts ID forum, "Transforensics"?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:I agree about the "Creativity" boards. I am trying to get the "Mosiac" thing running for the hell of it. (I doubt it would create much traffic.)
Are you aware you're spelling it wrong? It's Mosaic. I wasn't going to say anything, but there's other stuff in this post too.
And, what about the parts ID forum, "Transforensics"?
Do we need a parts ID forum? How many of us are lame enough to not know which parts are which? Hell, 86 and I like to find missile ID images and just go through them. It's fun!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Are you aware you're spelling it wrong? It's Mosaic. I wasn't going to say anything, but there's other stuff in this post too.
Between my eyes and hands (diabetes and arthritis) getting worse these last few years, my spelling has generally gotten worse, as I am less likely to edit. Feel free to call me on this though, as I am trying to get better about this sort of thing.

And, "Transforensics" would be a place for people to post "what is this" type questions.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Dominic wrote:Between my eyes and hands (diabetes and arthritis) getting worse these last few years, my spelling has generally gotten worse, as I am less likely to edit. Feel free to call me on this though, as I am trying to get better about this sort of thing.
Mmm. I was just curious to know if you were aware of the misspelling and too lazy to edit it. I know I'm too lazy half the time.
And, "Transforensics" would be a place for people to post "what is this" type questions.
Yeah, but like I said--how many of us can't figure out Whose Missile Is This? on-site?