proposal to restructure the board

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: proposal to restructure the board

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:I feel like the general forum and such should be at the top, because it's more active and crap. Or tends to be. Or something.
Yeah, I've gotten that before on other boards I've modded, my explanation is "I want people to scroll to the bottom, to see as much of the choices as available" but I don't sell a lot of folks on that.

Anybody else want to chime in on this matter one way or the other? If I move the section back to the top, I'll probably retitle it "The Miscellaneous".
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I don't really mind having it at the bottom; I've already gotten used to it. OTOH, I probably wouldn't mind if it got moved up to the top, either. I'm just going to peruse through whatever new stuff pops up, the order in which I do it isn't *that* big a deal.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:I don't really mind having it at the bottom; I've already gotten used to it. OTOH, I probably wouldn't mind if it got moved up to the top, either. I'm just going to peruse through whatever new stuff pops up, the order in which I do it isn't *that* big a deal.
Yeah, that's true, I'm just used to it being at the top.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm used to it being at the bottom, s'standard for most boards.

What I'm planning for the next update is a bunch of banners ala the ones on the iKonboard. Remember those? Dinky little collage strips of screencaps and so on? Like them, but, uh, new! Yeah. Help identify each section at a glance and make the boards all pretty-like.

Also need a new sig. Hmm.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm telling you--wait for me to get PSP on here, and I'll make a damned montagey one if I have to.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

But that requires waiting! For you! And we all know 'that' takes five years.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Onslaught Six wrote:I'm telling you--wait for me to get PSP on here, and I'll make a damned montagey one if I have to.
onslaught86 wrote:But that requires waiting! For you! And we all know 'that' takes five years.

I couldn't resist because that thing makes me giggle. Anyway...I'm okay with it being at the bottom. But, I'll say again...if at all possible, creativity forum. Because for one thing, I needs motivation to do more TF-related art, and anyway, we'll need somewhere to put the inevitable RP that we'll eventually come up with.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

onslaught86 wrote:But that requires waiting! For you! And we all know 'that' takes five years.
No it doesn't! I'm actively trying to network the New Laptop with the PC to get some crap off it, but it doesn't wanna cooperate.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I would have put RiD with the Beast Era. But, hey...

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I don't agree with that, though, see. While I think it goes there in a fiction context, and the toys 'are' similar, the canon explicitly puts it as a seperate entity. Personally, I'd have stuck it with the Other Crap board--although now that I look, it doesn't seem like we 'have' an Other Crap board to just discuss stuff like Old Universe or anything.