New TFV icon in your URL bar

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: New TFV icon in your URL bar

Post by 138 Scourge »

So far, it doesn't show up in Google Chrome. I dunno if anything does, though, now I think about it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

andersonh1 wrote:Hey, the logo is finally showing up in the URL bar. It does look good, though the V could stand a little more contrast with the background, I think. The TF stands out, but the V isn't as distinct.
Thanks for the feedback. I just threw down a shadow on the V, but I think it might stand out too much, so I haven't made it the default yet. You can check it out though:
http://www.tfviews.com/favicon5.ico
[EDIT] I just went with it.
138 Scourge wrote:So far, it doesn't show up in Google Chrome. I dunno if anything does, though, now I think about it.
Chrome does recognize the favicon system, but it has a bug where it will cache the wrong one and go blank. I don't know how to clear it, what I had to do with my other Firefox on my laptop was clear the bookmark, visit the favicon URL I linked to earlier, refresh it when it came up blank, then close and reopen the browser. Whether or not that will work for Chrome, I don't know, but I've seen other reports about the favicon problem in that browser. If you want to know if it works without going through all that, try going to the forums without the "www." in the URL:
http://tfviews.com/forums/
Since the URL is different, it SHOULD recognize it as an all-new favicon for that URL, and you can decide what you wanna do.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Well, as it turned out, bookmarking the site and then leaving it alone for a couple days did the trick. I dig it.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I think the shadow helps. Still low-contrast, but it works well regardless. Nice job.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Killer, glad to hear it's working a little better for y'all.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?