Sorry for the 24 hour downtime, site up now

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Sorry for the 24 hour downtime, site up now

Post by Dominic »

I tried to log it at one point yesterday, (after getting notice of new postings), but could not get in.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

When it is doing that, what is it saying?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

At some point on Sunday morning, (EST). Maybe 11am or so. I got an error message while trying to check this page from my phone. I went to a few other pages from my phone that morning, and had no problem, meaning TFV was the place the trouble was.

I forget the exact wording of the message.

Dom
-just had a thread crash during an attempted posting.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I've had all sorts of problems with two different computers. I did experience the outage over the weekend, but realized it was a site problem and not something wrong with the computer so it didn't really bother me much. Every time I have problems ie brings up the message asking if I want to diagnose/repair explorer, but since I'm able to get onto other sites, I know there's nothing wrong with ie. The most recent was this morning a couple hours ago.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:At some point on Sunday morning, (EST). Maybe 11am or so. I got an error message while trying to check this page from my phone. I went to a few other pages from my phone that morning, and had no problem, meaning TFV was the place the trouble was.

I forget the exact wording of the message.

Dom
-just had a thread crash during an attempted posting.
If you could, you need to better explain what these problems are in the future. Terms like "error message" and "thread crash" aren't specific enough complaints for me to be able to address. I mean, you are a mod after all. :p So next time, pay attention to what it says in its wording, and note any error numbers like "500 Internal Server Error" or "503 Service Unavailable" if there are any.

Shockwave wrote:I've had all sorts of problems with two different computers. I did experience the outage over the weekend, but realized it was a site problem and not something wrong with the computer so it didn't really bother me much. Every time I have problems ie brings up the message asking if I want to diagnose/repair explorer, but since I'm able to get onto other sites, I know there's nothing wrong with ie. The most recent was this morning a couple hours ago.
Sorry to hear it. I see a few other folks on the server made similar complaints.

I didn't know IE still gave that "diagnose/repair" junk that never works no matter what you do. Are you using IE6 by any chance?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

ie 7 on both home and at the office. Yeah, I never click on the "diagnose/repair" button.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:ie 7 on both home and at the office. Yeah, I never click on the "diagnose/repair" button.
Wow, they left that button in for IE7? I need to look at that program more, I have it on my netbook, IE8 on my laptop, and IE6 on my desktop because IE6 has a ton of programming problems that I need to be aware of and code around, and I do my coding on my desktop machine. It's such a stupid button. (I use Firefox for browsing :p)

Anyway, I've posted a new trouble ticket to the host asking them to update us on the server status. But please keep reporting the outages and error messages everybody.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And ie 8 which now that I think about it is what's on the laptop at home (my only home computer). I'm pretty sure it's 7 here. I didn't think this site would be down for very long before you started tracking down the problem. "I wasn't worried for a microsecond!"
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Mirage wrote:My friend just registered a few minutes ago, but can't log in. Could these problems be the culprit?

Okay, he's good now. Just hasn't posted yet.
I disappear.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:And ie 8 which now that I think about it is what's on the laptop at home (my only home computer). I'm pretty sure it's 7 here. I didn't think this site would be down for very long before you started tracking down the problem. "I wasn't worried for a microsecond!"
Believe me when I say if you guys didn't report these things, I wouldn't even know to investigate. We've already found some forums software errors, but they're not related to actual downtime, they are true errors and would show you guys an error message.

Mirage wrote:Okay, he's good now. Just hasn't posted yet.
Good good, glad to hear it.