One Year.....and counting.....

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

One Year.....and counting.....

Post by Dominic »

I am just posing this to let everybody know how glad I am with the way things are going.

As some of you know, I had a number of concerns about the viability of starting a "replacement for BWTF". But, as a number of use kept going back and forth and back again over email, it became apparent how much many of use missed the old forums (which were gone at the time).

I still remember that first week, the flurry of activity. It was not even concentrated in the "welcome" thread. In some ways, it was like we had been here for years. (And, many of us had known each other for at least 3 or 4 years.)

The best part has been that all of my concerns were unfounded. (it is one of the few instances where JT was an optimist in contrast to my pessimism. Generally, I am the optimist and JT the doom-saying complainer.)

In the last year, we have even picked up a few new members who had nothing to do with the old forums. Guys, thanks for stopping in, and especially for sticking around. Oh, and again, welcome aboard.

We have not managed to do everything we set out to do a year back. But, we are definitely a cohesive board. Heck, we even have a good enough relationship with Hasbro for it to be worth their while to cut us in on the Q and A every so often.

It has been a great year. But, let's see if we can set the bar even higher this year.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: One Year.....and counting.....

Post by Onslaught Six »

Definitely. We can only keep growing.

And for what it's worth, I keep trying to recruit people I already know to join in, because I think this place has far more interesting discussion than any of the other cruddy boards, but they never seem to do so.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Wow, kick ass, I had been so wrapped up in comic-con that I forgot that a year ago I was so wrapped up in comic-con that I had to make you guys moderators while I was away for a week. ;) Congrats on our 1 year anniversary!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

As a moderator, I command you to post a con report!

Dom-onitor.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Report: insane. :p

I have some notes I'm working on. The TF panel was a waste of time for the most part, only a couple new pieces and far less info than Botcon. I truly don't know why Hasbro wants to be so fracturous towards the fan community. Sideshow did indeed announce a Transformers license, statues only for right now, so Archer owes me an apology from last year. :p

I also picked up a cold, which sucks.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

...Hey did we even have a thread or anything to bring up the fact that we're now three years old?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

No. We should though.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Wow, that's crazy! I guess TFV has become a permanent thing, eh? It's an institution, and we're all locked in it. :mrgreen: I was at Comic-Con during the 3 year anniversary this time, so that's my excuse for missing it.