Submit news

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge

Re: Submit news

Postby Onslaught Six » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:06 pm

I saw Treadbolt today. He's not the first sighting I've seen, but.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.


People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Image
User avatar
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am
Location: In front of my computer.

Re: Submit news

Postby JediTricks » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Onslaught Six wrote:I saw Treadbolt today. He's not the first sighting I've seen, but.
Sorry, missed this one until now. Where did ya see it, city and retailer?
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

Re: Submit news

Postby Onslaught Six » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:31 pm

Indiana, PA, in the Wal-Mart. There were two, I think. I didn't get any pics because...well, I don't want him.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.


People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Image
User avatar
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am
Location: In front of my computer.

Re: Submit news

Postby JediTricks » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:29 am

Onslaught Six wrote:Indiana, PA, in the Wal-Mart. There were two, I think. I didn't get any pics because...well, I don't want him.

Cool, thanks. Posted!

I actually fear I might like that color scheme on this mold, so I hope I don't run across it and have to choose. :p
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

Re: Submit news

Postby Onslaught Six » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:56 am

The general colour scheme is alright--it's Dirge, I guess--but it just doesn't work on Jetfire for me. Jetfire's a very specific design in my mind, and I like having at least a 'few' unique-looking guys run around. Let's not make 'everyone' carbon copies of everyone else.

That's why I'm glad we didn't get Henkei Wildrider over here--it devalues Rodimus's unique value. Granted, I'm the guy pushing for Rodimus to get repainted as Speedbreaker, but.

EDIT: I just noticed this, but the news indicates that Treadbolt was actually one word at one point--which it was, but that's an entirely different character. According to the Wiki, it was always two words in G1. TFU.info is the same way, so yeah.

Not that it matters. I just thought it was interesting.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.


People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Image
User avatar
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 7022
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am
Location: In front of my computer.

Re: Submit news

Postby JediTricks » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Onslaught Six wrote:The general colour scheme is alright--it's Dirge, I guess--but it just doesn't work on Jetfire for me. Jetfire's a very specific design in my mind, and I like having at least a 'few' unique-looking guys run around. Let's not make 'everyone' carbon copies of everyone else.

That's why I'm glad we didn't get Henkei Wildrider over here--it devalues Rodimus's unique value. Granted, I'm the guy pushing for Rodimus to get repainted as Speedbreaker, but.

EDIT: I just noticed this, but the news indicates that Treadbolt was actually one word at one point--which it was, but that's an entirely different character. According to the Wiki, it was always two words in G1. TFU.info is the same way, so yeah.

Not that it matters. I just thought it was interesting.
The previous version of Tread Bolt was the repaint called "Treadbolt" in the Energon line, different character or not, it's the previous usage, so there was some question as to whether Hasbro had lost yet another name and I figured I'd quell it. Plus, I needed filler for the story. ;)

With an alternate head, it seems like Classics Jetfire is asking for a repaint either way. And I hate the white plastic Hasbro keeps using, it sucks all the life out of the sculpted details (Jetfire is easily the best figure in this color though). But the funny thing about Tread Bolt here, is that the yellow the added for kid appeal is the only part I really don't care for, it's loud.


Looks like Sparky added a picture to the Masterpiece Grimlock story, good job!
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

Re: Submit news

Postby 138 Scourge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:06 pm

News!

Here's pics of some stuff from Big Bad Toy Store.

Animated Waspy and Samurai Prowl

Animated Wreck-Gar

Dinobot and Smokescreen

Atomic Lugnut

Leo Prime

Overload ,yet another Scattorshot repaint. Still, he looks kinda cool in green.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
User avatar
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 2833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Beautiful KCK

Re: Submit news

Postby Gomess » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Is that Prowl just normal AniProwl with sidecarmour (and not a simplified affair, akin to the variously good/ungood AniMegatrons)? If so, he and Waspy are mine so hard!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
User avatar
Gomess
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:10 am
Location: Eng-er-land

Re: Submit news

Postby 138 Scourge » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Hard to say, but it looks like there's some retooling. The front of the bike looks a little pointer than the original's.

Still, he looks fairly close. And hell, I've got the original Prowl, and I'll still buy the hell outta that.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
User avatar
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class
 
Posts: 2833
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Beautiful KCK

Re: Submit news

Postby JediTricks » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Good job, now it's posted!

Animated Samurai Prowl is NOT the same Prowl bike plus legoforming sidecar armor, looks like a smaller, totally new figure. There are noticable differences on the faring, there's a new lower scoop behind the front wheel, the arms are different, legs, even slight shape change to the gas tank and rear lightbar.
Image
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
User avatar
JediTricks
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3663
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: LA, CA, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Comments / Board Biz

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron