News section open

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

News section open

Post by JediTricks »

Ok, so the reason I've been pushing hard for a logo is that it was essentially the last thing waiting to get done before the news section of the site went live. I've put a few articles in there but it's not been much.

It's not much to look at yet, but it's all ours. Right now, myself, Dom, and o86 will be handling reporting duties, but please feel free to let us know if you have any news that needs posting.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: News section open

Post by BWprowl »

Just thought I'd say that I think it looks pretty good. Very slick and professional JT, nice job. I like the logo, and while the font itself isn't exactly distinctive, that chisled look you added helps it stand out. I'm liking the overall color scheme too. If I didn't already consider this place my home on the internet, I'd feel very welcome upon my first visit. Keep it up! :D
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

As I said over in JT's blog, I like the font.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Thanks guys, I appreciate that.

I wasn't sure anybody would noticed the chiseled look to the lettering Prowl, good eye!

Now let's get some news going!
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I've been noticing that the script running the news is a little slow, so I stumbled across a setting to speed it up. It should be smooth, it's quite a nice little plug-n-play solution, but LMK if you run into any errors or anything I should know about.