Did an update, site was down, now it's back!

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Did an update, site was down, now it's back!

Post by JediTricks »

Will post again when I'm about to start the update and the site will be down, it'll be in a few minutes.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Have to do an update, site will be down for a few mins

Post by JediTricks »

Ok, hopefully everything will go well and you won't notice.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Have to do an update, site will be down for a few mins

Post by JediTricks »

Well, that was a tad embarrassing. I forgot to run the database update install and crashed the server for about 5 minutes. Everything appears to be operating now though, thanks for your patience.
onslaught86

Re: Did an update, site was down, now it's back!

Post by onslaught86 »

It's back! From outer space!

The best outages are ones no-one notices. I think I might've just assumed my crappy work server was playing up,
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I noticed.

Dom
-was in the shower when JT cut off the water.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It was down?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It was down for maybe 15 minutes last night. I was on when it happened.

I noticed JT posted a "we may go down for a bit" notice. When I went to click on it, the board went down. I emailed him, asking if I should send out an email notice. By the time JT replied, the boards were back.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:I noticed.

Dom
-was in the shower when JT cut off the water.
You were NOT in here when I crashed the server, I made sure that the only users besides myself were the search engine bots (which, in retrospect, may not have been the best idea for our page ranking, but I am not doing SEO right now anyway). You just happened to come in right AFTER I crashed it. :p

Anyway, downtime was limited to 15 minutes, and only about 3 minutes of that was server downtime, the rest was the forums crashing, thankfully the server self-healed so I could run that update install. Next time, I'll just close down the forums ahead of time so me and Dom won't try to parse unparsable table data.