stepping out for a bit

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

stepping out for a bit

Post by Dominic »

I have the first half of the A+ booked for Monday morning. And, I plan to take the next few days to study for it.

I am not too worried about the test. But, given the stakes, it would be foolish (to put it mildly) to not get in some high-quality study time. I have been studying for the last month or so. But, I want crank it up a bit, and maybe take Sunday as a meditation day.

Dom
-will be back sometime next week.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: stepping out for a bit

Post by Shockwave »

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Can I have your stuff?

Oh wait, this isn't a Warcraft forum.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Study hard and do well! Good luck!

My college days are well behind me and I still remember big exams and shudder at all the studying needed. I'm glad I'm done with that.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

I don't know what an A+ is. So good luck!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

That's not what "stepping out" means, but hope it pays off.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Took the test and passed the first half. (I have yet to book the second half. I have to "take care of some things" before that happens.)

I did not pass by as much as I planned or wanted to. But, at the end of it, I was just glad to pass.

The A+ is best described as a hardware certification that is common in the IT field. It is foundational, but the test is intensive.

I was planning to get over an 80% by virtue of my studying (intensive for the last 3 weeks and steady for about 6-8 weeks before that). I did not break 80, but can still say that my conscience is calm simply because I passed.

In the last 15 years, it has been rare for me to put in this much sweat on something that I really thought I could do and ended up with less than an 80 (which I would generally consider to be adequate). There have been a few times when I knew I was out-classed while trying something (such as when I signed up for wrestling school and eventually had to concede defeat owing to a poor physical constitution or my inability to write JavaScript). But, in this case, I figured I could do it, and I put in the sweat.

Either way, a win is a win. And, now I have to sort out booking the second test. I should have my A+ Certification by the end of next month though.

Dom
-going to start studying tomorrow.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Wait wait wait, they make you learn javascript in wrestling school?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Heh. Not quite. I just got *really* ambitious in 2011. Over-all, that was one of the best years of my life. But, I definitely found the limits of my endurance if nothing else.

(That said, some larger wrestling schools do have lessons in production and design. But, the one I enrolled at was focused more on physical training and performance.)